- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Abacus; Latest Edition edition (3 May 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0349119856
- ISBN-13: 978-0349119854
- Product Dimensions: 13.2 x 2.4 x 19.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 27 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #5,084 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
The Undercover Economist Paperback – 3 May 2007
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Applicable on 1st ever transaction on Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (2): 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Get 5% up to Rs. 1500 Instant Discount on ICICI Bank Credit EMI transactions and 10% up to Rs. 1500 Instant discount on ICICI Debit EMI transactions Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
** 'Required reading ... It brings the power of economics to life' Steven D. Levitt, author of FREAKONOMICS ** 'Reading this book is like spending an ordinary day wearing X-ray goggles' David Bodanis, author of ELECTRIC UNIVERSE ** 'An excellent Undercover Introduction to Economics. If you think that sounds boring, you probably ought to read it' FT ** 'Economists do indeed think differently from the rest of us. This book gives an excellent introduction as to quite why they do' TELEGRAPH
A brilliant and eye-opening explanation of the economics of everyday life - Britain's answer to FREAKONOMICSSee all Product description
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
27 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Only drawback seems to be the lack of clarity in 2 chapters, "Crosstown Traffic" & "Inside Story". It may be my own shortcoming, but compared to the rest of the book, which even a layman can understand, these 2 chapters seem to be intelligible only to economics students. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.
Otherwise, the book is very good, worth every penny. I finished it in under 2 weeks (with around 2 hrs of reading per day).
Tim Harford demonstrates an exceptional ability to observe and analyze what we think as "mundane, everyday incidents"
More than anything, The Undercover Economist teaches you to never accept anything at face value, and the book does it in an engaging, engrossing manner.
A great book for mental stimulation.