- Paperback: 240 pages
- Publisher: Rupa & Co (20 January 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9353333733
- ISBN-13: 978-9353333737
- Package Dimensions: 21.6 x 14 x 1.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #25,968 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 83.00 Delivery charge
+ 25.00 Delivery charge
Undaunted: Saving the Idea of India Paperback – Import, 20 Jan 2019
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
History repeats; it also instructs. History familiarizes; it also warns. These prophetic words find resonance in Undaunted, the latest book by P. Chidambaram, in which he helps readers understand what has happened to India in 2018, rather than what has happened in India. Like every free citizen, thinker and liberal, he feels deeply and strongly about the developments of the Modi era, which, in his own words, have been the ‘most challenging and adventurous that I have spent as an Opposition politician’. Carrying on undaunted by the power of the State, he writes boldly on a plethora of subjects—the interference of the central government in institutions, the complete derailment of an economy that was previously cruising at a growth rate of 7.5 per cent and the polarization of an ancient civilization that threatens its very survival. He also casts a sharp eye on the sweeping changes in the political battleground and the significant setbacks suffered by the government in the foreign policy arena. In this collection of incisive essays published in 2018 as a weekly column in The Indian Express, Chidambaram brings to bear a wealth of experience, mastery of the subject matter and an engaging writing style to critically examine the most defining question of 2019—Are we facing the end of the ‘idea of India’ given to us by our founding fathers? Undaunted serves as a contemporary record of the most important events that affected the country— for better or worse—in the year gone by.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.