- Paperback: 378 pages
- Publisher: Lake Union Publishing (1 May 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1477822089
- ISBN-13: 978-1477822081
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 2.5 x 21 cm
- Average Customer Review: 8 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #17,209 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Trail of Broken Wings Paperback – 1 May 2015
The order quantity for this product is limited to 2 units per customer
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (4): Amazon Assistant: Rs 100 cashback on purchase of Rs 499 or more on Amazon Assistant. Click Here.(Valid only on purchases made on desktop/PC). Offer ends 26 Sep. Cashback in 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Sejal Badani is a former attorney. She currently lives on the West Coast with her family and their two dogs.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The story is of Brent and his wife Ranee, who left their humble home in rural India to bring their family to America with the sole purpose of making a better life and a richer future for them. When they arrived in America their life soon changed in ways they could not possibly have imagined. Brent had to settle for a menial job way beneath his level of skills and was subjected to bullying and out and out racism. He turned from a loving husband and father to an angry and vengeful man, taking out his frustration and disappointment on the very family he had wanted so much for.
Years later, when Brent is admitted to hospital and is on life support in a coma, Ranee summons the family together to say goodbye to him. Brent will be leaving behind a wife, three grown up daughters and a treasured teenage granddaughter. As his doctor puzzles over his condition, the family begin to unravel. One by one their lives spiral out of control as the secrets of the past begin to emerge. Marin, the eldest daughter and her own daughter Gia have a huge falling out, whilst Trisha, the middle daughter and favourite of them all, has to face the consequences of an untold secret kept from her husband whilst Sonya, the third daughter reluctantly rejoins her family for the first time since she fled from them, an outcast living her life running away from everyone. Ranee herself is custodian of a massive burden that she knows she must reveal to save her family. But at what cost to them all?
I found the story quite slow to begin with but soon it was like a hidden pearl emerging from its shell. It filled me with emotion and I was completely swept away by the majestic storytelling; from the injustice, the brutality, the hidden truths and lies, the heartbreak, love, forgiveness the sense of a family trying to heal from events of the past. All these played a part in my overwhelming enjoyment of the elegant novel full of home truths, legend and healing. Sejal Badani drew on her own personal experience of abuse and also the knowledge of the beliefs and culture of this family and painted a picture rich in colour and with skilful artistry.
I would like to thank Netgalley and Lake Union Publishing for my copy of this fabulous novel in return for an honest review. I adored it and have absolutely no hesitation in recommending it to you. It’s a real gem of a read.
Yet, this is a very unique story. Brent and Ranee are just another ordinary couple with three daughters – Sonya, Marin and Trisha. And like many other families, theirs is a dysfunctional family, with the family falling apart. While many readers may not understand the terms used in the book, the author has compiled a glossary of the “foreign” words at the end of the book which one can easily refer to. What I really liked about the story is the depth of emotion and feeling the characters carry with them.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews