Interviewer: Wow. A man setting himself on fire and burning down to ashes within seconds. That must be a soul-shaking experience for any viewer. And all these viewers, thousands of viewers you say, they pay a fee to watch this performer burn himself?
SS: Yes, they do. It's a pay-per-view show…
[Excerpt from story “Death By Crowd”]
Reviews on GoodReads and Amazon:
“Quick and super-enjoyable! Kind of like a collection of X-files + moral philosophy + AI + dark web + plot twist mash-up super bonanza!” ~ Mara
“Time Crawlers is a gripping and fun read. Varun Sayal's writing is incredibly imaginative and original. I enjoyed every second of reading this short compilation of out of this world stories. If you are a fan of science fiction you should definitely pick up this book.” ~ Lauren
”Time Crawlers was my favorite. I know… that’s the short story that gave the book it’s name. But seriously the concept of that story made me think about life, past, present and future and I just loved that.” ~ Jessica
”Damn Good! The author takes us through a roller-coaster ride of a breath-taking narrative. Considering how vast the field of science fiction is, he weaves some mean tales.” ~ Shatarupa”
”The stories grabbed my attention instantly and were quite addictive and hard to put down.” ~ Surbhi
A look at the Stories:
1. Nark-astra, The Hell Weapon: The weapons he possesses make him the destroyer of worlds, and he burns for revenge. A high-tech take on ancient Indian mythology.
2. Death by Crowd: The dark desires of the masses; darknet websites fueled by a crypto-currency. What lurks in the background – an advanced artificial intelligence?
3. Genie: He rubbed a lamp alright, but what he got was the shock of his life. An entirely sci-fi take on the djinn myth.
4. Time Crawlers: There are individuals who existing in multiple time periods at once, and there are those who know about them….
5. Eclipse: No attacks, no blood-shed, yet there was an invasion and a conquest. Who are these shapeshifter aliens being hounded by an eclipse?
6. The Cave: The fate of an advanced imperial race hangs in balance as a dark celestial entity meets a legendary protector.