- Paperback: 292 pages
- Publisher: Aleph Book Company; First edition (16 September 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9384067520
- ISBN-13: 978-9384067526
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 19.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#84,334 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #1429 in Travel (Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 83.00 Delivery charge
+ 90.00 Delivery charge
Three - Quarters of a Footprint: Travels in South India Paperback – Unabridged, 26 Aug 2015
Save Extra with 2 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Joe Roberts was born in Bath, England, where he still lives with his wife and three sons. Since the publication of his first book, Three Quarters of A Footprint, in 1994 he has visited India many times. He has published three books since Three Quarters of a Footprint including Abdul's Taxi to Kalighat about Kolkata and a novel about Edward Lear's visit to India, Bengal, The Cold Weather, 1873. He has also written regularly for The Times, Condé Nast Traveller, National Geographic Traveler and many other magazines. He teaches in the School of Humanities and Cultural Industries at Bath Spa University and is working on a third Indian travel book about Lucknow. His interests are broad, ranging from gastronomy - he is a contributor to The Oxford Companion to Food - to art history but his real passion is India.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I am a regular visitor to southern India, and have been so since 1994. I feel that what Roberts wrote following his extended stay in 1990 resonates well with my experiences of the region over the past more than 20 years.
The end section of the book contains a number of informative and interesting notes on things to which he referred in his text. The 'articles' on the Jews of Cochin and the Syrian Christians were particularly good examples of these.
This is a wonderful travel book that should appeal to those who know southern India and alson those who do not. A great read.