- Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 12.7 x 20.3 cm ; 408 g
- Item model number: NS105BK004
- ASIN: B0039SLSU6
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 6 September 2014
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #5,72,070 in Home & Kitchen (See Top 100 in Home & Kitchen)
Thermos 16-Ounce Vacuum-Insulated Travel Tumbler, Stainless Steel
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
- Product Type: Commuter & Travel Mugs
- This product is imported from USA - It is a 100% genuine product
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
The Thermos br
From the manufacturer
What Matters to Us
THERMOS brand products deliver what matters every time. As the leading manufacturer of convenient insulated products for over 110 years, THERMOS is trusted by consumers to provide innovative portable containers that promote a safe and healthy lifestyle. THERMOS delivers when it matters.
Genuine Thermos Brand products are made with carefully selected premium materials, and are manufactured for dependability and maximum performance. We ensure the excellence of our products by testing our material and performance quality throughout the manufacturing process, and we stand behind our strict quality standards. (See specific product warranties for more details).
Giving Back Matters
Thermos has teamed up with a number of nonprofit organizations that are in line with our core mission and values.
You have the right to know how your products are made and what they’re made of. We comply with recognized safety standards and THERMOS brand products are tested by independent labs to ensure that our materials and processes are safe.
Technology Matters: THERMOS vacuum insulation technology keeps hot things hot and cold things cold
With traditional containers, heat or cold finds its way inside through the process of convection.
THERMOS vacuum insulation creates an airless space between two walls, virtually eliminating the convection process and temperature change.
Your drink will stay icy cold or steamy hot no matter what the forecast.
Before first use, and as soon as possible after each use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly and allow time to dry.
Contents should not be left in the container for longer than 24 hours. As soon as possible after each and every use, wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Rinse all parts thoroughly with clean water. Allow all parts to dry completely prior to next use or storage.
Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers since they may dull the finish.
Do not use bleach or cleaners containing chlorine on any parts of the product.
This product is top-rack dishwasher safe; however, hand washing is recommended as the dishwasher uses harsher detergents and hot water that may affect the appearance of your product.
Residual liquids, foods, or other contents may become trapped between product components, such as lid parts, container parts, gaskets (flexible band around lid and/or stopper), or straws (if present in the product). Although this product is top-rack dishwasher safe, hand washing is recommended to ensure that all parts of the product are thoroughly cleaned.
For maximum thermal efficiency, preheat or pre-chill the product just prior to use. Fill with hot/cold tap water, attach lid, let stand 5 to 10 minutes and empty water. After filling container with contents, re-cover with lid to increase thermal efficiency. Never use a microwave, conventional oven, or other heat source for this purpose.
- Thermos L.L.C. warrants this Genuine Thermos Brand product to be free from defects in material or workmanship for five year from date of purchase.
- This warranty does not cover ordinary wear and tear or color fading, or any condition affected by abuse, neglect, alteration, accident or improper use or maintenance.
- See Warranty Section or our website for full warranty.
Assembly and Use
Sealing Lid with Tea Hook
1. Remove lid (E) by twisting counterclockwise.
2. Remove retainer (A) by turning it counterclockwise and lifting up.
3. Remove retainer gasket (B) from retainer (A).
4. Remove sealing disk (C).
5. Remove main gasket (D) from underside of lid (E).
6. Wash all parts separately, then re-assemble: Main gasket (D) as shown in enlarged diagram above; Sealing disk (C) with smooth side facing lid; Retainer gasket (B) on retainer (A); Push retainer (A) onto lid post (E1) and turn clockwise to lock.
7. Fill container with contents. Do not overfill: Leave space for the lid (E), to avoid overflow.
8. Replace the lid (E) onto the mug or tumbler by twisting it clockwise.
9. To drink, slide the lever (if present) or push the button (if present) on the lid to the ‘open’ position.
10. This product comes equipped with an integrated tea hook that accommodates stringed tea bags and most loose leaf tea infusers with separate chain hook. For stringed tea bags, simply wrap the string of the tea bag around the integrated hook and allow the remaining string to hang outside the lid. For loose leaf tea infusers with a chain hook, slide the chain hook through the integrated tea hook and enjoy. For best results, prepare tea per the tea manufacturer’s instructions and remove tea bag or infuser after tea is brewed.
- Do not use product in microwave, on stove-top, or in any type of oven.
- Not recommended for use by children: Keep out of the reach of children, especially when product contains hot contents, which may burn or scald user.
- Always test temperature of contents before consuming.
- Do not overfill the container: Leave space at top of container for lid and stopper (if present), to avoid overflow. Hot contents may burn or scald user if overflow occurs.
- Check periodically to make sure any gasket (flexible band around lid and/or stopper) is present and properly positioned to prevent contents from passing through stopper when stopper is closed (if applicable to product). Missing, worn or misaligned gaskets may cause product to leak. Leakage of hot contents may burn or scald user.
- In general, contents should not be left in container for longer than 24 hours. However, the rate at which contents spoil depends on several factors. Certain contents that include, for example, dairy and/or tomato may start to spoil sooner. Proceed with caution when using the product with quick spoiling contents.
- If contents are left in container longer than 24 hours, or you suspect spoilage, use caution when opening container. Contents spoilage can cause pressure inside container to build, possibly leading to forceful ejection of stopper or contents. In such circumstances, before attempting to open container, ensure the opening is pointed away from the user or other persons to avoid injury.
- Do not use tools or devices to force container to open.
- If you are unable to open container by hand, do not open it and dispose of it at your local waste facility.
- Do not use to store or carry carbonated drinks or dry ice. This may cause lid/stopper and contents to eject forcefully or leak.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The lid is a mixed bag. It does provide excellent seal, but is difficult to wash and the plastic material is not nearly as well-made as the rest of the tumbler.
Now the worst part - Thermos customer service. Or lack thereof....
I contacted them seeking replacement of the lid since the silver coating started to chip off, causing several small skin cuts. They refused to honor their warranty, citing that this is "normal wear". Well, it is not.
So, after several back-and-forth email, I was left disappointed and will be getting new insulated mugs.
I would NOT recommend buying this product and I would not recommend buying Thermos merchandise due to their poor customer service and unwillingness to stand behind the product they make and the warranty.
There are a few design problems, several of which have been pointed out by other reviews.
1) It's hard to see where the sip holes are, so you can spill liquid on yourself if you get that wrong.
Fix: see the image attached. I used a black paint pen to put dots where the sip holes are. Very durable, and easily reapplied if they eventually fade.
Another reviewer drilled holes, but although I like the permanence of that solution, it seems like it might be hard to clean.
2) If you rest the cup on any surface that is not level (such as an airline tray table) it can easily slip
Fix: see the image. I used a cutout from some self-adhesive speaker non-stick bottoms pads. It has about 2 mm of foam as well. This seems to work perfectly. I applied a thin film of epoxy to the bottom of the mug before applying the pad, since I've learned without this trick they will come off in about 6 months.
3) Even with the paint dots on the lid, it would be nice to have tactile feedback that you are going to have your mouth at the right place.
Fix: see the image; I cut out ellipses of indoor/outdoor velcro (hook side) and affixed one on each side of the mug. I put them so that once the mug lid is fully tight on the mug, the dots align with the ellipses. So this gives an extra bonus of providing a cue as to when the lid is on tight enough to prevent leaking. For new mugs, I slightly over tighten since the gaskets do relax a bit over time (maybe about 15 deg).
Now just by picking up the mug you have feedback as to where to drink out of the mug.
Finally, I believe the care instructions indicated not to put the metal part of the mug in the dishwasher. Regardless, I've found that doing so damages a smooth interior finish that makes cleaning the cup easier. I recommend only hand washing the metal component.
This model used to be the best thing around 5+ years ago. Sadly, they changed the lid and it is now a leaky mess.
The base of this model is 2 5/8 inches in diameter. So, if your car cup holder is about the size for a soda can you are good, but most car cup holders are wider than that, so they will wobble if not actually fall over.
There are two drinking slot-ports opposite each other on the cap. With the black cap model's, the ports are almost impossible to see (see photo). If you tip to drink with one of the ports not lined up with your mouth, you stand to have hot coffee poured down each side of your cheeks (see photo). Thermos should have placed an arrow decal marker for each of the drinking slot-ports, on the silver inner ring of the cap, then aligning the port to your mouth would have been easy. Definitely a design flaw that could cause burn injury. I can't understand why a big company like Thermos does not discover these flaws through testing before production and sales. Shame on people who rate something like this with 5-Stars and just say "I Love It".
Well made, but for the reasons above, I would NOT PURCHASE AGAIN.