- Paperback: 291 pages
- Publisher: New Age Books; 4 edition (2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8178220237
- ISBN-13: 978-8178220239
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 1.6 x 21.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #12,980 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 50.00 Delivery charge
+ 100.00 Delivery charge
Theories of the Chakras: Bridge to Higher Consciousness Paperback – 2016
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
To me the chakras have always been one of the mystical aspects of Yoga; even after more than 20 years of Yoga practise. This book explains and effectively de-mystifies it. Why? Because the author not only shares the theories of the Chakras but also tries to substantiate it with emperical evidence - both his own as well as experimental. Apart from explaining the different energy centers (Chakras) in the body, a series of asanas and techniques are outlined to awaken each of them. The best part of the book is the personal experience of the author. In this he explains how each of his chakras were awakened and what impact it had in his life. This (and my own experience of awakening of 2 of the centres) helped me believe in the existence of the chakras. --By Ash Aragam on May 29, 2003
If you read this book cover to cover, you may be disappointed. When reading this book, it is imperative to keep in mind that this book best functions as a reference manual for all things Chakra related. A glance at the table of contents reveals that the book bounces about quite eclectically. It begins as a technical manual of yogic cultivation as per the Yoga Sutra. Here Motoyama presents which Asanas, Pranayama, Bandhas and Mudras are appropriate for awakening which Chakra. This very much reads like an exercise book. It then changes tone quite a bit and looks into Vedic reference to the Chakras along with detailed depictions of the location and function of the Nadis. This is followed by a summarized explanation of two modern insightful practitioners; Swami Satyananda and C. W. Leadbeater. This is concluded with the personal experiences of Motoyama concerning when and how he opened his various Chakras. So, if you think you'll be able to read this beginning to end and obtain one concise view of the Chakras, you'll be sadly disappointed. However, if you're looking for an inclusive manual for general understanding, advice for yogic practice and a general reference, this book delivers --By Ed on July 15, 2008
This book represents a monumental effort to review and correlate much of the accumulated knowledge of the subtle energy systems...Such a book could only be written by a person who has had the life-long personal experiences which Dr. Motoyama so generous shares with the reader. These experiences provide step-by-step illustration of unfolding and expanding consciousness. The book is necessary reading for all serious students of the subject of consciousness. --George W. Meek
About the Author
DR. HIROSHI MOTOYAMA Holds doctorates in psychology and philosophy. He founded the institute for Religion and Psychology and is author of over twenty books, including Karma and Reincarnation and Toward a Super consciousness : Meditational Theory and Practice.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
So, if you think you'll be able to read this beginning to end and obtain one concise view of the Chakras, you'll be sadly disappointed. However, if you're looking for an inclusive manual for general understanding, advice for yogic practice and a general reference, this book delivers!