Teaching and Supervising Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is the first comprehensive package to provide empirically-validated CBT training and supervisory techniques. Applicable to a variety of behavioral health care disciplines, this multi-modal guide provides educators with the information and tools that can help improve educational outcomes. An examination of CBT developments over the past twenty years leads into a discussion of practical applications for improving CBT education, while addressing the technological advances that facilitate dissemination and the specific challenges posed to confidentiality and patient care. The digital component contains additional audio and video content, plus downloadable worksheets that reinforce and expand upon the strategies presented.
Coverage includes advice geared specifically toward the most commonly-encountered problems, with video of training sessions that address issues like frustration with patients, disbelief in psychotherapy, dislike of the method, and lack of skills. Readers will gain insight into effective goal setting, and implement a structured approach to supervision.
- Examine existing literature and research on training, supervision, and evaluation
- Integrate theory with practical strategies to improve learning outcomes
- Customize training approaches to specifically suit different professional groups
- Fit the methods to the environment, including workshops, webinars, and podcasts
Mental health professionals who favor an empirically-based approach to therapy will appreciate the effectiveness of an empirically-based approach to pedagogy. Backed by over two decades of CBT research and the insight of leading CBT experts, Teaching and Supervising Cognitive Behavioral Therapy provides trainers with the tools and information they need to improve therapist educational outcomes.
From the Back Cover
A GROUND–BREAKING, COMPREHENSIVE TRAINING PACKAGE FOR CBT TRAINERS AND SUPERVISORS
Teaching and Supervising Cognitive Behavioral Therapy offers clinicians, therapists, and counselors a comprehensive resource that provides empirically validated training and supervisory techniques. Written in an accessible manner by a team of expert Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) practitioners, supervisors, and teachers, this guide outlines an approachable framework for using technological aids for teaching and supervision.
Filled with the most current research, practical information, current strategies, learning exercises, and online resources, Teaching and Supervising Cognitive Behavioral Therapy also includes suggestions for addressing a wide–variety of trainee groups. Designed to be flexible, the material presented can be adapted to fit various needs and environments such as training workshops, webinars, and podcasts for mental health, medical, and other professionals.
Teaching and Supervising Cognitive Behavioral Therapy:
- Is accompanied by audio and video components that correspond to each chapter, as well as downloadable worksheets and power point presentations, which reinforce and expand on guidance provided in print
- Contains a guide for educators with information and tools that can help improve educational outcomes
- Includes an examination of the latest CBT developments and an overview of practical applications and strategies
- Addresses the technological advances that facilitate dissemination and supervision
- Identifies the specific challenges posed to confidentiality and patient care