- Paperback: 48 pages
- Publisher: Alfred Pub Co; Revised edition (1 August 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0757900615
- ISBN-13: 978-0757900617
- Product Dimensions: 22.2 x 0.6 x 29.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,07,288 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Suzuki Violin School: Violin Part: 1 Paperback – 1 Aug 2007
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
The Suzuki Method
The Suzuki Method of Talent Education is based on Dr. Shinichi Suzuki's view that every child is born with ability, and that people are the product of their environment. According to Dr. Suzuki, a world-renowned violinist and teacher, the greatest joy an adult can know comes from developing a child's potential so he/she can express all that is harmonious and best in human beings. Students are taught using the 'mother-tongue' approach.
- Allegretto (Shinichi Suzuki)
- Song of the Wind (Folk Song)
- Minuet 1, Minuett III from Suite in G Minor for Klavier, BWV 822 (J. S. Bach)
- Gavotte (F. J. Gossec)
- The Happy Farmer from Album for the Young, Op. 68, No. 10 (R. Schumann)
- Etude (Shinichi Suzuki)
- O Come, Little Children (Folk Song)
- and more
Revised Edition Features:
- New engravings in a 9" x 12" format
- New editing of pieces, including bowings and fingerings
- 16 additional pages
- Additional exercises, some from Dr. Suzuki, plus additional insight and suggestions for teachers
- Glossary of terms in English, French, German and Spanish
- Musical notation guide
- Fingerboard position
- New photos
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The songs in this book are great and fun to play and start off pretty easy for beginners. You first learn songs on the A and E string, about half way through you learn the notes/songs on the D and G string. I always tell my kids oh this is my favorite song, this is my favorite song. I can't ever decide which is my favorite in the book because they are all so much fun and each song you learn something new.
I love that there is a CD to play along with I would highly suggest getting that version if are buying this book, It is definitely worth the extra money spent. I think it helps you to be able to hear the notes and make sure you playing the notes and rhythms correctly. It is a good practice CD. I often will have my students play along with the CD. This helps them hear to make sure they are playing their notes and rhythms right. Definitely a good thing to have for any beginner.
Overall, I really love this book and the songs in the book. I like how they teach and like what they teach but I would recommend using another method for theory. If this review was helpful please like it, if not please comment below and let me know what I could do to make it better! Happy Practicing!!!
Moral if the story, if you are familiar with music theory already, this book is great. If you are NOT familiar with music theory, get something to help you learn music theory TOO, so that when you are up to speed, you can hit this book running.