- HDFC: 10% instant discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 3,000 with HDFC Credit/Debit cards and EMIs Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- No cost EMI on HDFC credit cards on orders above Rs.3000, HDFC debit cards on orders above Rs.10,000 and Bajaj Finserv EMI cards on orders above Rs.4500 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs.25 using BHIM UPI to pay. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save up to Rs 2400 a year; Earn 2% cash back on every order with Amazon Pay balance. Sign up now! Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get up to ₹2000 cashback across Swiggy, BookMyShow, Goibibo & Netmeds. Shop on Amazon for ₹300 or more during the sale (20th - 23rd Jan'19) & pay through any prepaid payment method | Cashback offers will be sent by email/SMS after successful payment Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Survival Sandstorm: The Journey that Changed the Course of World War II Paperback – 2 Jan 2018
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Mehul’s imagination belies his tender age of fourteen years. His heroes are Geronimo Stilton, J K Rowling and George R. R. Martin and he inhabits their worlds. He comes out of them only to create his own. His love for Mun, developing computer programs and cricket are his only distractions.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Showing 1-8 of 43 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Survival Sandstorm is of the best historical fiction that I have read in a while. The author of this book Mehul, at the age of fourteen has written this masterpiece. I just can't wait to read more of his work.
The writing style is very different. Every chapter is written in first person narration but each chapter has a different character as the first person. The book grabs your attention from the very first page. The facts are very well researched and the plot is very interesting.
The story is about a Soviet Air Force Pilot Ivsker Vodkech, whose mission is to deliver 3 hostages from Nazi Germany to the allies. This mission, these hostages can change the course of the World War II if they reach their destination.
But now, here's the twist. The plane crashes in middle of the Sahara desert. Will Ivsker be able to complete his mission? Will he survive the desert and the enemies?
You must read the book to get your answers. .
Definitely recommended to all the readers who love historical fiction. .
The story is about 3 soldiers and 3 hostages being taken to allied hands during the course of World War II. The journey through the Sahara Desert forms the crux of the book. It is the first book in the series.
I was offered this book to read and review and what caught my attention was the age of the author. I immediately accepted coz I was curious on how a 14 year old chose this very unusual topic and narrated the story. I was in for a pleasant delight.
The story is narrated in first person and the first person changes with every chapter, at the same time ensuring that story moves ahead. We can see the happenings through various characters point of view. The transition among the chapters is a marvel.
The pace of the book is fast & and chapters are crisp which never fail to provide a grip on the story. The narratives are brilliant ensuring that readers view the scenes which author has imagined. The book can easily be converted into a movie or a web series as it will make for an intriguing one.
Thoroughly enjoyed this book and hats off to the author who at such a tender age is able to present this brilliant story. The author is here to stay.
My rating undoubtedly 5/5.
I am in awe that this brilliant book is written by a 14 year old kid. The author’s father reached out to me to read this novel and pen down my experience about the same. And I’m so glad that he chose me.
The book has a fabulous plot which takes you back to the era of Nazis and Soviets. It is easy to read compared to how complicated other history books are usually written. This historical fiction novel revolves around a Soviet pilot, three hostages and Nazis.
The fate of Soviet depends on the pilot whose mission is to deliver the hostages to the allies. It kept me gripped till the very last page and I’m excited that there’s going to be another book following this one. This one has the vibes of a spy movie. I could easily envision the scenes in my head as I read along.
I would urge people to give this a good read because it deserves all the success. If the author can do such wonders at just 14, I can only imagine what he can do over the years.
I would rate it 5/5.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?