- Hardcover: 272 pages
- Publisher: Harpercollins; 1 edition (23 July 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 935029849X
- ISBN-13: 978-9350298497
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 2.8 x 23.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #22,549 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Sun Mere Bandhu Re: The Musical World of SD Burman Hardcover – 23 Jul 2014
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Sathya Saran is one of India's best-known journalists and editors. As editor, she made Femina the most successful fashion and lifestyle magazine in India. She is author of the critically acclaimed and bestselling biography Ten Years with Guru Dutt: Abrar Alvi's Journey. She is currently working on a number of books in her capacity as consulting editor with HarperCollins India.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As a fan of SDB, you won’t be disappointed, but yes, it would end you up as half filled, and hungry for more. It could have been more immersive if the relationship between two maestros was given emphasis, maybe. But still this one is worth read to know how those lingering melodies came into being. How the magic spread from Tripura, to all over the world.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
The book gives you a fantastic "behind the scenes" view of some of his great work. Not only you realize what he was made of, but you also learn that it was great teamwork. In my opinion that is why music produced around those times (fifties and sixties) is timeless! Everyone involved had a complete picture of what they are creating and how it would reach the audience. Having this knowledge, in my opinion made a huge difference.
Getting back to the book, the many anecdotes about his contemporary music directors, movie producers, directors, singers actually take you back to those golden days of Indian music and you could see how some of the great music was created. Author's writing is very smooth and it keeps you totally involved. I tried to listen to the songs discussed in the book (while I was not reading) to really relate to them and I feel that this background certainly helps me visualize the songs much better.
We can truly say that without SD Burman's music, we would have been so much poorer. To me, this is a classic and a must have for people who love Indian music (and not just SD Burman). I would love to read similar books on many other artists of that time.