- Paperback: 1552 pages
- Publisher: Aleph Book Company (18 February 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9383064129
- ISBN-13: 978-9383064120
- Package Dimensions: 21.6 x 14.2 x 5.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 43 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,663 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
A Suitable Boy: 20th Anniversary Edition Paperback – 18 Feb 2014
Audio Cassette, Audiobook, Import
Audio Cassette, Import
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (4): Rs 100 cashback on Rs 499 or more for purchases made through Amazon Assistant. Click on the link - (Amazon Asistant) Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- 'The best writer of his generation.' - The Times
- 'Not merely one of the longest novels in English; it may also prove to be the most fecund as well as the most prodigious work of the latter half of [the twentieth] century.' - The Times
- 'A phenomenon, a prodigy, a marvel of 19th century storytelling in the language of today. It is hard to believe that Seth is only one man. He writes with the omniscience and authority of a large, orderly committee of experts on Indian politics, law, medicine, crowd psychology, urban and rural social customs, dress, cuisine, horticulture, funerary rites, cricket and even the technicalities of shoe manufacture.' - Evening Standard
- 'A quietly monumental novel [Seth] has given us that unlikeliest of hybrids, a modest tour de force.' - Times Literary Supplement
- 'Conceived on the grand scale of the great 19th century novels - War and Peace, Middlemarch - A Suitable Boy grows to match them in breadth and depth' - Sunday Times
- 'An immensely enjoyable novel which describes with unhurried pace the panorama of India Everything appears familiar to us, yet in fact it is newly minted by a master artist.' - Hindustan Times
- 'So vast and so amiably peopled [A Suitable Boy] is a long, sweet, sleepless pilgrimage to life [The novel] covers India like a sun, warming a whole country in its historical rays It is almost impossible to imagine an unswayed reader.' - Guardian
- 'We should be grateful for this panoramic sweep which revives in our memory a period when a whole way of life came to an end [Seth's] sure touch is really quite incredible, his characters are consistent from beginning to end.' - The Hindu
- 'Puts a subcontinent between (its) covers hundreds of people stream into view and are illuminated by the brilliant, warm lucidity of Vikram Seth's regard [A] massive and magnificent book.' - The Sunday Times
About the Author
Vikram Seth is the acclaimed author of three novels: The Golden Gate, An Equal Music and A Suitable Boy, one of the most beloved and widely read books of recent times. He has also published several books of poetry, an opera libretto, a book of other libretti, and two highly regarded works of non-fiction, From Heaven Lake and Two Lives. He is at present at work on A Suitable Girl.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
I don't usually go out of my comfort zone of crime thriller fantasy but this was an eye opener.Read more