- Paperback: 590 pages
- Publisher: CBS; 3 edition (1 December 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8123910770
- ISBN-13: 978-8123910772
- Package Dimensions: 21.4 x 13.6 x 2.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 10 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #43,647 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Strength of Materials Vol. II: Advanced Theory and Problems: 2 Paperback – Illustrated, 1 Dec 2002
The order quantity for this product is limited to 2 units per customer
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 27th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Stepan Prokopovych Timoshenko (Russian: ) (December 22, 1878 May 29, 1972), was a Russian engineer of Ukrainian ethnicity. He is believed to be the father of modern engineering mechanics. A founding member of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Timoshenko wrote seminal works in the areas of engineering mechanics, elasticity and strength of materials, many of which are still widely used today. Having started his scientific career in the Russian Empire, Timoshenko emigrated to Yugoslavia during the Russian Civil War and then to the United States
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I wish I could give 6 stars!
While the first volume covers all essential basics, , the second volume covers advanced topics and is good for advanced studies and for practicing engineers.
The second volume covers advanced topics like beams on elastic foundation, non-symmetric ending, stresses in shells,material testing etc.
The first volume covers all elementary theory in a lucid yet clear way, laying foundations for the advanced topic sin the second volume.
Some of topics covered in first volume:concepts of stress,strain,thermal stresses, rotating discs, beam bending, energy methods, torsion,columns, etc.
In both volumes, each concept is reinforced with examples and mind teasing exercise problems which enhances your understanding of the subject.
Buy all Timoshenko books as you go for higher and higher studies...-strength of materials, theory of structures,theory of plates and shells, vibration problems in engineering, engineering mechanics,theory of elastic stability.... the list goes on! and excel academically.
(Timoshenko was a great professor for whom a medal was instituted in his name in USA.)
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?