- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: Hodder Paperbacks (23 June 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1473616115
- ISBN-13: 978-1473616110
- Product Dimensions: 19.8 x 2 x 13 cm
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#3,10,474 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #6504 in Science Fiction (Books)
Starship Troopers Paperback – 23 Jun 2015
|Paperback, 23 Jun 2015||
Mass Market Paperback
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back Amazon Pay Balance on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit card on orders above Rs.3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer (3): 10% Instant Discount on IndusInd bank Credit EMI transactions Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount on Yes bank Credit EMI transactions Here's how
- 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The science fiction masterpiece - and basis for Paul Verhoeven's 1997 cult classic film.
About the Author
Robert A. Heinlein was the grand master of science fiction in the twentieth century. Over the course of his long career he won numerous awards and many of his novels have cemented their place in history as science fiction classics, including STARSHIP TROOPERS, THE MOON IS A HARSH MISTRESS, and the beloved STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Starship troopers is cited nearly every all-time-best-sci-fi lists that you might come across, and therefore I was bit hesitant to admit that I did not like it much.
Written in first person, the novel documents the journey of a young marine from his training days to the battlefield. It raises some interesting questions about war, civic duty and related stuff but failed to conclusively answer them (for me). Protagonist's internal dialogue and perspective is magnified at the cost of broader story and the plot which was heavily sidelined.
All in all, it did not work for me.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I recently retired after 27 years of Naval service, and as silly as it may seem to some, this book was the foundation of my success; in military service, in the lives of countless young Sailors, and in my new role as a civilian.
It shaped the character of who I was as a leader of men and women at war.
Heinlein may have authored "better" books (according to the critics) but having read virtually all of them, none of the others ever quite so captured the essence of what it means to be both in military service and what those of us fortunate enough to have served all know in our hearts: the true value and moral responsibility of citizenship.
"Do you apes want to live forever!!"