Xperia M4 Aqua
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
From the manufacturer
Capture more memories anywhere
Finally a sleek waterproof* smartphone with 2 excellent cameras and up to 2 day battery** life for everyone.
Unlocked Xperia M4 Aqua
Unlocked Xperia M4 Aqua - Black
The waterproof camera phone for everyone
Get more with two powerful cameras, waterproofing and a 2-day battery.
- Be ready for the unexpected with the highest waterproof* rated (IP65/68) phone in a premium design.
- 13MP main camera, Full HD video with amazing low light photo capabilities.
- Capture more in your selfies with the 5MP Front camera with 22mm wide angle lens.
- 2400 mAh Up to 2 day battery** life, for days that are jam-packed with work or play.
- Lightning fast performance with Snapdragon 615 Octa-core(1.5GHz x 4 and 1GHz x 4).
- Enjoy every vibrant detail on the 5 inch HD display (1280x720).
- 2GB of RAM + 16GB flash memory, microSD card up to 128Gb.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Preloaded with Amazon apps (Amazon Shopping, Amazon Music, IMDB, Audible).
- Unlocked provides variable GSM carrier options and avoid roaming rates for international travelers.
Waterproof*. Dust tight. Worry-free.
The Xperia M4 Aqua is as durable as it is beautiful. Its innovative design protects it against water as well as fine dust particles so you’ll never have to put it away ‘just in case’.
Make a splash with a 13 MP camera
This waterproof* camera phone is packed with the best in Sony camera technology. Like Superior Auto, which recognizes 52 different scenarios and then configures the optimum settings so you don’t have to. The result? Perfect shots every time, even in lowlight.
Exmor RS for mobile – stunning shots in any light
Exmor RS for mobile is an evolution of the same image sensor technology used in Sony cameras. We’ve used this heritage to create a Smartphone camera that takes highly detailed shots with low noise, vivid colors and stunning clarity – even in challenging light conditions.
A front camera for your best selfies and wefies
The Xperia M4 Aqua has a 5-megapixel front camera with a super wide-angle 22 millimeter lens for the best looking shots of you and your friends.
Stay out with an up to 2-day battery**
For days that are jam-packed with work or play, you need a Smartphone that keeps on going. And going. The Xperia M4 Aqua has a battery that lasts up to 2 days** so you’ll never have to worry about staying out and about.
Fast, faster, LTE
Your 64-bit Octa-core Smartphone has a built-in LTE/4G modem. This enables blazing Internet connections with up to 150 Mbit/s download and 50 Mbit/s upload speeds.
Preloaded Amazon apps
Access to Amazon’s digital content and shopping right from your Xperia M4 Aqua.
*Waterproof in fresh water provided ports/covers are closed. You should not: put the device completely underwater; expose it to seawater, salt water, chlorinated water or liquids such as drinks. Ingress Protection rating IP65/IP68. Improper use invalidates warranty. Visit our official website for more details.
**Battery life has been measured against Sony Mobile Communications AB’s Smartphone usage profile, defined in September 2014 to represent the typical Smartphone user’s active condition, including but not limited to a range of usage scenarios (calling, texting, web browsing, social networking, game playing, music listening, picture taking, picture browsing, online video watching, video recording and playback).
Xperia is a registered trademark and should display the (R) mark as follows: Xperia(R)
It can be used only once in copy, but should be applied during the first call-out/mention of Xperia.
Sony and Exmor RS are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. Xperia is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Mobile Communications Inc. PlayStation is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Snapdragon is a trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. All terms are subject to change without prior notice. Additional information regarding trademarks may be located on our official website.
2014 Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
What is an unlocked phone?
An unlocked phone is a device that is not bound to any carrier or plan. It allows you to choose your phone first and your carrier second. Upon selecting a plan, simply insert the carrier's SIM card into the phone and you're ready to go. If you decide you want to change carriers down the road or want to take an international trip, it's as simple as replacing your existing SIM card with a new SIM and activating your new plan.
What are the benefits of an unlocked phone?
Freedom: Choose the carrier with the best service or price. If you find a better deal later, you have the ability to change to a different carrier.
Travel: Take your phone internationally and use the carrier of your choice. It's as easy as inserting an active SIM card.
Selection: Choose the phone with the features you want, whether or not your carrier sells it, and get more service options without a contract.
How do I set up my unlocked phone?
The first thing you’ll need is a SIM card for your desired carrier. When activated, the SIM card will let your phone connect to your carrier’s network. If you decide to upgrade to a newer unlocked phone in the future, you can easily remove the SIM card from your old phone and put it in your new phone—just make sure you get the right size of SIM card (nano, micro, or standard) for your phone. If you want to use your phone while traveling internationally, you can easily buy a SIM card for a carrier that operates where you’re traveling. As long as it’s activated, you can just swap SIM cards when you arrive at your destination.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Build quality/ hardware- the phone is 7.3 mm. It's pretty slim and feels sturdy in your hand. The power and volume buttons are weirdly placed at the right middle side of the phone. In my case, this proves to be a good thing because I have small-medium hands. There is one front facing speaker, SD card slot on the left, charging port on the left, micro simcard on the right, a headphone jack on the top, and a camera button on the bottom right( to take photos instead of touching the screen) . The back of the phone is plastic but looks like glass. The back and front of the phone are very vulnerable to scratches; I recommend buying a screen protector and cover. There are no physical home buttons. The phone is water proof, but you should wipe your screen after putting it in water as it tends to become unresponsive when you touch the screen.
Software- the phone is pre-installed with Android 5.0 and loaded with about 23 apps of which only around 7 are useful. After deleting apps and cache I had 12 gb left. The skin is very close to stock lollipop android. So far no apps have crashed. Something I found nice is the ability to record your screen when you long press the power button.
Camera- I'm not a selfie guy, but alot of people take photos of their duck lips and food so I included this part. The camera is pretty good, but not the best. There are lots of settings to enhance your photo experience. Something I found fun was that is has a virtual reality camera mode that allows you to talk photos/videos of dinosaurs, undersea,etc. A very big setback is its lack of flash. So if you live in a dark cave, too bad. You can zoom in too, but it gets blurry and hard to adjust. Something I found useful is that the camera recognises where you are, so if your driving and taking a video it makes the videos look not blurry.
Performance- Im a gamer, and performance is key in every product I purchase for gaming. The phone has 2 gigs of ram and a snapdragon 615. It tends to heat but not as much as lava on your hand. The heating problem is not a big deal. I have 21 games on my phone( no SD card) of which include modern combat 4, Nova, asphalt 8, minecraft, and terraria. These games played pretty well with occasional lag, although it's almost unnoticeable. The phone scored 25841on antutu, single core 527 on geekbench 3, and multicore 1905 on geekbench 3. Decent enough.
Conclusion: overall I am very pleased and satisfied with the experia m4 aqua. It has a low price but simply beats others of its price range due to ram,waterproof, snapdragon 615, and good slim build. I would recommend this phone to anyone.
At the time of ordering the M4 Aqua, it was $149. I didn't know anything about Android, but having been updated to the latest Android OS (Marshmallow), it seemed as if this price was a steal. In retrospect, I would have paid as much as $200 for this device.
Coming from iOS, Android OS is complete culture shock. Things don't "just work" like they do with Apple's offerings, and I often found myself needing to take three steps to do something that would have been one step on iOS. However, this wasn't supposed to be a replacement phone, so that being said it makes an excellent complimentary device. Actually, it is more than just a complimentary device. Despite its many failings when compared to iOS, I quickly fell in love with the ultra customizable nature, and all around gadget like feel of Android OS on the M4 Aqua. I have an IT background, and I like tweaking options and squeezing extra battery or performance out of my devices. It's like a fun little challenge to me. So I actually realized that I've been missing out. As much as I love the reliability and increased productivity that iOS gives me, I loved the ability to mess around with so many options. That's enough about my first time Android experience, let's talk about the device itself.
- The device feels great in my hand. It's plastic, and not glass like Sony's more elevated offerings. However, it still looks and feels like a premium phone.
- Obviously it's water resistant. I tested this multiple times. I made sure the SIM card and SD card slot were securely closed each time. The headphone jack and the usb port remain open during submersion though. As crazy as it sounds, it always works fine after a dunk. I would always wipe it off before using it again though. This is simply because it's impossible to use a wet phone screen well.
- The camera is downright terrible. I don't know if it's the sensor, or the software, but it's just awful compared to my iPhone 5, let alone my iPhone 6s Plus. Do not buy this device for the camera.
- This device lags a bit. Compared to iOS, but also compared to other Android devices, the Snapdragon in this thing just can't keep up all the time. That being said, the device is wonderfully useable in most casual scenarios. Things like web browsing, messaging, emails, and social media, give no problems at all.
- Games run terribly on the Aqua M4. Minecraft Pocket Edition has this constant choppiness regardless of how turned down the graphics settings are. I had this experience with almost any game I played. Oddly, Pokemon Go worked great. That being said, don't buy this device for playing games. Also, it's not capable of the Sony Remote Play for remote PS4 sessions, so don't buy it for that purpose either.
- Battery lasts a day with average use. I don't know where Sony gets their two day battery number from, but it would be almost impossible to use this phone normally and get 16 hours out of it let alone two days. That being said, I had no problem getting a whole day of battery out of the phone. I was pleased with this.
- Wifi is fast and snappy. I have a set of Eeros in my house, and this device had no problem connecting and offering great speed.
- The Micro SD card slot is helpful, and kind of necessary. 16GB is great for a casual user like me, but if you want to do anything above and beyond you're going to need some extra storage. Once I updated to Marshmallow, I had 8 gigs left of the 16 available.
- The included headset actually sounds pretty good. I was surprised by this. I use Apple Music on my Aqua M4 of course since I'm an iOS user primarily, and it always sounded terrific with the included headset.
- The speaker itself is horrible. I wouldn't expect too much out of this. Again, almost every iPhone speaker back to the 3G is superior to the speaker in this phone.
- Phone calls sounds great, and this is the one place where the speaker in the phone doesn't give you any trouble. Speaker phone usage on this guy is actually better than on my 6s Plus. This is both in terms of them hearing me, and me hearing them.
- The screen size is perfect. Somehow Apple really missed the boat on this one. This screen is slightly larger than an iPhone 6s, but smaller than an iPhone 6s Plus. I truly wish Apple made a single phone that was this size, instead of its current offerings. For a male with medium sized hands, this thing fit perfectly. I typed consistently better on it than my iPhone SE or iPhone 6s Plus when in vertical mode.
- I can't tell for sure, but I don't think this phone has an accelerometer. Pokemon Go can't find it for the purpose of augmented reality, and the auto rotation for phone orientation works terribly. So that would make sense.
- Apps are slow to start, but once you're in an app things seem to cruise along fairly smoothly.
- Having been an iPhone user, I find the vibration motor in this thing to be SUPER strong. It is loud, and would vibrate right off a table if I wasn't careful.
All in all, I love this phone for my purposes. It's sleek. It's thin. It's from my second favorite hardware company in the world, Sony. It's water resistant. It's dust proof. It's bright enough to use in the sun. It has enough battery to make it through the day. It really makes a perfect second phone. I really love this thing.
As a random side note, I thought I was getting a white phone and although the box had a white phone on it, my phone ended up being black. I didn't mind, but I was surprised.
It's a bit sluggish to recommend as a daily driver, but it would be a great gift for someone who needs a second phone that is water resistant, or someone who hasn't had a smart phone before.
Sony, great job for making a phone that still holds up almost two years later!