Sony HXR-NX5U NXCAM Professional Camcorder
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Description for Sony HXR-NX5U NXCAM Professional Camcorder
The Sony HXR-NX5U camcorder is the first product of the Sony NXCAM generation and a new category of tapeless memory camcorder, providing an ideal balance of power and performance in the digital age. U
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I bought this because of past reviews and the inclusion of XLR audio inputs. After several dozen uses, I have some pros and cons to share:
* Razor sharp video time and again. Bright, crisp images and great audio produced great results
* The focus ring turns with just the right amount of resistance and response.
* I like my iris to always be on manual and control the exposure myself. The NX5U allows me to do that.
* Specific to my needs, I'm able to mount this to a portable teleprompter and then mount the entire arrangement to a tripod. Great results!
* Although I know it's well built, it still feels plasticky and hollow. When I grab the handle, it gives a little and worries me. Lightly tapping on the side returns a feeling of thinness and lightweight construction.
* I like having the flip-out screen, but in this age of super cell phones, I think the screen should be far sharper and larger. What's there works fine, but I've used other cameras with sharper resolution screens and it would be nice to have this kind of screen on this camera too.
* Although I knew this when I bought it, I don't care for the rear-mounted, center-located eyepiece. It doesn't help with shoulder-mounted shooting and forces my hands into an awkward position when using the camera off the tripod.
Overall, the camera works well for it's intended purpose and I'm glad I bought it. In a year or so, this camera will become the backup/ 2nd camera in our department and we'll add something a bit more broadcast traditional in use. In the meantime, however, we'll do just fine with the Sony HXR-NX5U.
I'm extremely happy with it and actually tried to think of anything negative to say about it and just couldn't. Sorry!
The real kicker is its just so nice to pop the SDHC card out and be able to instantly view the footage on my laptop, without the whole tape download/cineform convert/render thing ....