Sony Alpha A58K 20.1MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens (SLT-A58K)
This item is currently not in stock.
- 20.1-megapixel Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor
- High-resolution, High-contrast OLED Tru-Finder
- Lock-on Auto Focus, Auto Object Framing
- Quick AF Full HD Movie
- 15-point AF system with 3 cross sensors
| The order quantity for this product is limited to 1 unit per customer|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Description for Sony Alpha A58M 20.1MP Digital SLR Camera (Black)
Focus on the Sony Alpha A58K 20.1MP Digital SLR Camera
Looking for detail, clarity and rich video quality? Then look no further than Sony Alpha A58K 20.1MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens (SLT-A58K). Fitted with the amazing 50mm F/1.8 Prime Lens, from the house of Sony, this camera is perfect for the art and the everyday.
Looking to focus your shot on moving subject or one particular detail? Then the Lock-on Auto Focus will help, as it continuously adjusts the target frame size according to the subject. Are you a slave for detail? You can now capture the smallest detail beautifully with Sony’s proprietary Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor.Frame, Capture and Share
Want to frame and capture your view accurately? The Sony Alpha A58K 20.1MP Digital SLR Camera is fitted with an OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder to help you do just that. What’s more, you can now freeze the moment with the 15 points AF System with 3 Cross Sensors, which track moving subjects even in low lighting. Finally, for all the videographers out there, the Sony Alpha A58K 20.1MP Digital SLR Camera allows you to shoot vides at 60i for incredibly smooth playback or 24p for that cinematic feel.
So take matters into your own hands. Buy the Sony Alpha A58K 20.1MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens (SLT-A58K) at a great price at Amazon.in and get ready for a great online shopping experience.
From the Manufacturer
Lock-on Auto Focus
Through proprietary Sony Translucent Mirror Technology and subject size detection, Lock-on AF continuously adjusts target frame size, based on various subject characteristics and dramatically increases the in-focus rate. Lock-on AF combines with your selected AF area mode to instantly lock on your subject and take advantage of highly accurate, Full-time Continuous AF.
20.1-megapixel Exmor APS HD CMOS Sensor
You can now capture every scene beautifully with fine details and rich tonal gradations, thanks to Sony's proprietary Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor. Its large sensor size delivers high sensitivity, attractive defocusing effects, and low noise in various situations including dimly lit environments. Impressive 20.1-effective-megapixel* resolution also brings every detail to life.
*Effective megapixels (approx.)
High-resolution, High-contrast OLED Tru-Finder
Framing, focusing and real-time preview of exposure adjustments are much easier with the OLED Tru-Finder electronic viewfinder. All thanks to the Translucent Mirror Technology that enables you to accurately monitor the results of your settings by faithfully displaying details exactly as they appear.
15 points AF System With 3 Cross Sensors
This camera is designed to freeze the action, its three cross sensors in the 15 points AF system enable more accurate and reliable tracking of moving subjects than vertical and horizontal sensors can provide, even in dim lighting. You can choose any of our four AF area modes (Wide, Zone, Spot or Local) depending on your needs.
Auto Object Framing
α58 makes it easy to create beautifully balanced images whether shooting a person, an object or both. Simply photograph your subject and the Auto Object Framing feature automatically saves a trimmed image (in addition to your original image) to help you compose your shots like a professional.
Note: Optimal results may not be possible in certain shooting conditions.
Quick AF Full HD Movie
Create memorable movies with amazing clarity at Full HD resolution, the continuous phase-detection AF utilises the same speed and accurate focusing for both stills and movies. You can record at 60i (50i)* for super smooth playback or 24p (25p)* for a cinematic look. Or use P/A/S/M (Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority and Manual) modes to expand your moviemaking creativity.
*On 1080 60i (1080 50i) devices.
Wide-Ranging ISO 100-16000 Sensitivity Shoot beautiful photos with natural tonal gradations and low noise, even in dim lighting – without using a flash. Auto ISO provides outstanding results and you can select settings manually to suit any occasion.
Clear Image Zoom Using proprietary By Pixel Super Resolution Technology, this feature zooms the centre of your image up to 2x without decreasing the pixel count.
D-Range Optimizer (DRO) In challenging lighting situations, DRO analyses and corrects your image to achieve smoother, more natural gradations with more detail in the highlights and shadows.
Full-time Continuous AF and 8 FPS Continuous Shooting Accelerated full-time continuous phase-detection autofocusing keeps your subject in sharp focus even during live-view movie shooting and when capturing subjects at 8 fps in the Tele-zoom Continuous Advance Priority AE mode.
Auto HDR (High Dynamic Range) Expand the dynamic range of your images from darkest shadows to brightest highlights and capture all the tonal gradations seen by your naked eye.
HDMI Terminal Easily link the camera with a HD TV for a memorable big-screen viewing and listening experience. BRAVIA TVs supporting BRAVIA Sync and PhotoTV HD enable camera playback using the TV's remote control.
460,800-dot, 2.7-type Tiltable LCD Screen You don't miss a single detail with Sony's LCD screen, it's tiltable* and helps get a clear shot from almost any angle. The 2.7-type screen displays images brightly at 460,800-dot resolution.
*Max. 135 degrees up and 55 degrees down.
Multi-Frame NR (Noise Reduction) α58 makes shooting in low-light environments especially easy, by shooting six images and compositing them to achieve noise reduction equivalent to a 2-stop lower shutter speed.
Sweep Panorama Simply sweep your α58 to capture expansive landscapes. Press the shutter and the camera will automatically record, seamlessly stitch a sequence of photos to create spectacular images.
Compare to similar items
This item Sony Alpha A58K 20.1MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens (SLT-A58K)
Canon EOS 700D 18MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) with 18-55mm IS II and 55-250mm IS II Lens, Memory card and Carry Bag
Sony Alpha A68K 24.2 MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) with 18-55 mm Lens (ILCA-68K)Free(sony bag ,model number MII-SC5)
Sony Alpha A68 24.2 MP Digital SLR Camera Body Only (Black) (ILCA-68)
Sony Alpha A6000L 24.3MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) with 16-50mm Lens (ILCE-6000L)
Sony Alpha A68M 24.2 MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) with 18-135 mm Lens (ILCA-68M)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||50.00||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||50.00|
|Sold By||—||CAMTIGER||STAR TRADE||CPSTORE||FastDealsIndia||STAR TRADE|
|Display Size||2.7 inches||3 inches||2.7 inches||2.7 inches||3 inches||2.7 inches|
|Included Components||Sony SLT-A58K SLR, User Manaul, Warranty Card, 18-55mm Lens and Camera Case||Canon EOS 700D Camera, Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens, Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens, Canon Battery LP-E8, Canon Battery Charger LC-E8E, Wide Strap, USB Cable, Software CD, Manual, 2 Year Canon India Warranty Card, 8GB SDHC Class 10 - in the box and Camera Bag (packed separately)||1 U (Including Lens (SAL1855-2), Rechargeable Battery NP-FM500 , Battery Charger BC-VM10A,Power Cord, Shoulder strap, Body cap, Eyepiece cup, Micro USB cable,Lens Cap - 1 U each)||1 U (Including Rechargeable Battery NP-FM500 , Battery Charger BC-VM10A,Power Cord, Shoulder strap, Body cap, Eyepiece cup, Micro USB cable, - 1 U each)||1 U (Including Rechargeable Battery NP-FW50,Lens (SELP1650), AC Adaptor AC-UB10, Shoulder Strap, Micro USB Cable,Lens Cap,Power Cord, Eyepiece cup - 1 U each)||1 U (Including Lens (SAL1855-2) (SAL55200), Rechargeable Battery NP-FM500 , Battery Charger BC-VM10A,Power Cord, Shoulder strap, Body cap, Eyepiece cup, Micro USB cable,Lens Cap - 1 U each)|
|ISO Range||100 – 16000||100 -12800||Auto / 100 - 25600||Auto / 100 - 25600||Auto / 100 - 51200||Auto / 100 - 25600|
|Item Dimensions (Length * Breadth * Height)||7.8 x 12.9 x 9.5 Centimetres||9.9 x 13.2 x 7.9 Centimetres||14.3 x 8.3 x 10.4 Centimetres||14.3 x 8.3 x 10.4 Centimetres||12 x 4.5 x 6.7 Centimetres||14.3 x 8.3 x 10.4 Centimetres|
|Item Weight||490 grams||0.54 kg||0.68 kg||0.68 kg||344 grams||0.68 kg|
|Max Shutter Speed||30 seconds||1/200 seconds||1/160 seconds||1/160 seconds||1/160 seconds||1/160 seconds|
|Model Number||SLT-A58K||EOS 700D||ILCA-68K||ILCA-68||ILCE6000LB||ILCA-68M|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||20 megapixels||18 megapixels||24.2||24.2||24.3||24.2|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS||CMOS|
|Video Capture Resolution||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080||1920 x 1080|
Top customer reviews
I purchased this from a shop with 18-55 lens and the total cost was around 30K. I had almost finalized on Nikon D3300 but the knowledgeable salesman in the shop told me some of the unique features of this camera which are not available in the Low end Nikon/Canon Cameras and I finally Changed my mind and bought this. After using this for about three months now, I must say that it was a good decision. I won't go into detailed specification reviews, but let me summarize it in terms of some of the pros and cons of this camera compared to the Nikon/canon available within 30K Price range:
1. Very Important and the main Reason for me behind going for A58 : continuous Phase detection Auto focus during video recording with almost no noise in lens(I have the SAL18-55 lens). In the shop I have seen demo of video recording with Canon and Nikon and those lenses have much higher noise and auto focus in video is not at all good. I have taken videos using A58 and the videos come out as crystal clear. Make sure that you use ISO800 or lower while video recording. Video quality of sony A58 is much better than Nikon/Canon. If you are planning to use your DSLR as a secondary camcorder, A58 is the best option within 30K range.
2. Always Live view. This is one of the main reasons I selected this instead of Nikon/Canon. This is due to the DSLT technology used by Sony. In Canon/Nikon if you want to see the display in LCD you need to switch to live view and in Live view there is lot of delay between two photo clicks. In Sony A58 it's always Live view. This is the key feature which enables me to hand over my DSLR to any of my relatives/friends who has never used a DSLR earlier but still can take a photo.
2. It has HDR and Panorama both options. In Nikon D3300 you would get panorama but no HDR. In D5200 you get HDR but no panorama. In this age of mobile photography we have got so used to panorama and HDR photos that without the panorama option I feel that some important feature is missing.
3. Auto Exposure bracketing: D3300 doesn't have it. Only higher end Nikons have it. This feature allows the camera to take 3 consecutive photos with 'X EV, 0 and +X EV exposure so that you can select the best exposure. X can be 0.3EV, 0.7EV, 1.0EV, 2.0EV and 3.0EV bracket steps.
4. In built (i.e. in camera) Image stabilization. This is an useful feature if you are planning to purchase third party lens like Tamron. Tamron lenses with Image stabilization and without image stabilizations have a huge price differences so I feel it's a very useful feature.
5. Battery life with LCD on: Nikon/Canon gives almost half battery life with LCD (Live view on) but Sony gives same battery life irrespective of Live view/View finder usage. Battery life is very good.
6. Extremely good auto mode. I have been using Sony point and shoot cameras for last 10+ years and I can see all those intelligent auto, Superior Auto etc modes even in this DSLR. Auto mode works extremely well except low light (in low light auto mode tends to use 1600 + ISO and images become noisy) . Expert photographers won't use Auto mode often, but as I said, if you are a first time DSLR user moving from Point and Shoot to DSLR, the Auto mode would be very useful. Good part is this being a DSLR, you can see what Shutter speed, ISO and Aperture etc in LCD even in Auto mode so you can move back to manual mode if you feel those settings are not right.
7. Tilt able LCD: I didn't realize the usefulness of tilt able LCD until I went for shooting photos in one of my relative's marriage. If you are taking photos in a crowded place, holding the camera at a height above your head and looking at the tilted LCD really helps. Similarly, if you are taking photos of some low height object, tilt able LCD is very useful. After using This feature is not there in D3300. However, side rotatable LCD would have been even more useful to take selfies!
8. 15 Auto focus points with 3 cross type auto focus points is good in this price range. Auto focus is really fast and sharp. Till now I rarely had to use manual focus.
9. In Electronic viewfinder, you can see effects of any setting changes before taking photo.
10. Last but not the least, Images are crisp. Auto focus works really well, and even in bright sun there is no over saturation of photos which I used to face with Sony point ad shoot cameras.
Now Let me come to some of the cons of this camera:
1. Non availability of lenses from Camera rental portals: If you are planning to rent some high end lenses from some lens rental portals , you would be disappointed that they don't stock even a single A mount lenses. Even in DSLR shops you won't get to see too many varieties of lenses of Sony A mount. Canon and Nikon would beat Sony in every way in this aspect.
2. Not too many upgradeable options- so investment in lenses would go waste. From beginner DSLR in future if you want to move on to a pro photographer and you want to upgrade your camera , you won't get many options in Sony so all your investments in A mount lenses may go waste.
3. Due to the DSLT technology some part of the light gets diverted to the Auto Focus Sensors so Low light noise may be a bit higher compared to Nikon. I have seen that it works perfectly till ISO800 but above ISO800 some noise creeps in at low light without flash.
4. No wifi and no IR remote support. Only wired remote is supported.
5. LCD screen is not of very high resolution. I think D3300 has higher resolution. However, A58 screen is perfectly usable, no issues.
Summary: Overall it's a very good camera for first time DSLR users. However, if you want to upgrade to an expensive DSLR soon and planning to invest heavily on lenses, better to go for Canon/Nikon.
There are a lot of lens that supports this dslr so don't worry about it either ( But most of us need not, cause SONY gave us two great lenses ;) )
Don't worry if there's no Manual focus toggle in the lens( even though both Sony lens that came with the pack has MF toggle button), the body has it. The in-build pop up flash might come very handy. The low light imagery is awesome even without flash ( I prefer not using flash even in low light cause this cam can handle it like a pro. Images took in pitch black looks bright as it was shot in early morning ;))
It comes with a 4 GB Sony class 4 memory card (says it can handle 15 MB/s) so there's no need to buy a class 10 4GB if you are planing to.
It also have a carry bag, which is in bright orange zips and velvet mesh inside and black leather that have more than enough space to carry the two lenses and the body( I think two more lenses can fit in). There's partition boards/sponges inside the bag so no need to be afraid that the parts may collide and break. There's a lot of zip compartments in the bag where you can store more than your camera accessories.
The one great thing in the software i found that you can select to put photos taken in different dates in different folders automatically making it easier to manage after a long tour or a heavy week.
The camera has 2X no clarity reduction digital zoom and another 4X zoom. (cause the rest depends on the optical zooming, means the zooming capability of the lens.)
All in all, its the best among its competitors out there in the market in this segment (since higher the price, more functions you'll get.).
Son don't bother about canon, nikon, fujifilm etc. Just go for it.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Before buying it, I spent 6 months in analyzing with which one I should go.Read more