- Paperback: 214 pages
- Publisher: Notion Press; 1 edition (22 December 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 935206562X
- ISBN-13: 978-9352065622
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.2 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 38 customer reviews
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#2,76,420 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #26385 in Personal Development & Self-Help (Books)
Songs of the Mist: Volume 1 (The Monk Key Series) Paperback – Import, 22 Dec 2015
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (4): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 10% cashback using RuPay cards. Max Cashback - INR 100 if you are using RuPay card for first time on Amazon. INR 25 if you have used RuPay card earlier. Check here for your cashback eligibility Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- Get offers for up to ₹1375 cashback on MakeMyTrip, Redbus, UrbanClap, Faasos & 1Mg. Shop on Amazon between 19th Apr to 30th Apr 2019 to become eligible for the offer. T&C apply Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: Avail 5% Cashback on SBI Credit card EMI transactions Here's how
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Songs of the Mist is not the kind of book to finish in one setting, or read over a cup of coffee. The book is not about the ending but the process itself. You need to let the meaning of words seep in before proceeding. The vivid description of nature and the wilds, not just makes you long for the snow-capped Himalayas, but the writing takes you there. While reading you get the feeling of solitude even in the crowd.
The book starts slowly, but gets more interesting after Ashutosh meets the Monk. Different perspective is difficult to follow initially. However as you get to know the characters, it is easier to follow. Though some issues are unresolved at the end (probably for a sequel), the revelation of the true nature of Kyaka makes a pleasant ending.
If you’ve ever pondered about life and its meaning, you should read this book.
It is a mesmerizing, captivating saga of discovering your inner self in simple, easy to follow language of love, loss, pain, agony and ecstasy! There is a little bit of Ashutosh in each one of us – so most of us would relate to him. Between page 31 to 60, you will pack your bags, tie your shoe laces and join Ashutosh on his journey through the wilderness of Himalayas, in search of ‘answer’, the divinity, and the elusive Monk…
With each page, this books grows on you…the characters become more endearing, the journey looks more picturesque and the plot thickens…which in the end leaves you wanting for more!
With the help of Ashustosh, Vasudha, Anishka, Ayan, Calliope, Kayka and the Monk, Shashi has crafted a gem…
People who follow Robin Sharma, Paulo Coelho…they have yet another choice now!
I just finished reading once and will read it again.
The images are true and the lives are living across the day to day of becoming what one can aspire to. I have enjoyed reading about the journey, which apart from taking me to places, also took me in depths of my heart. Loved the simple language and profound thoughts.