- Unknown Binding: 389 pages
- Publisher: Rawat Publications; 3rd Revised & Updated edition (2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8131606279
- ISBN-13: 978-8131606278
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 170 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #784 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Social Problems In India Unknown Binding – 2014
Save Extra with 4 offers
- Cashback: Flat Rs.50 back on minimum order of Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Applicable on 1st ever transaction on Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 5 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000.Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
‘Social Problems in India’ is one of the leading books on the subject of sociology. This is a revised and updated edition that is somewhat different from the previous editions in the sense that 5 new chapters are added to it, namely Domestic Violence, Ageing and Elder Abuse, Tribal Unrest, Globalization & Consumerism and Agricultural Distress & Farmer Suicides. Also, certain other disturbing issues are included, like honour killings, acid attack, cyber crimes, terrorism, alcoholism, communal unrest, drug abuse and child abuse, violence against women, youth unrest, black money, population explosion, unemployment, poverty and illiteracy.
The 3rd edition has been able to maintain the country-wide recognition which was created by the earlier 2 editions. The book is presented with sociological perspective being its main background. The book is most relevant for students studying sociology but is also equally material for people from all respects of life. It is useful for students who are preparing for competitive examinations and also to administrators, policy makers and planners. The book is available online at Amazon India.About the author:
Ram Ahuja is the author of this book and the publishers are Rawat Publications. It is one of the best autonomous publishing houses in the country with publishing books especially on the subjects Social Sciences and Humanities. Rawat Publication is more than 30 years old. The major subjects that are covered here include sociology, anthropology, political science, women studies, geography, environment, literature, economics, etc.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Review this product
170 customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book content is very good and useful. One should study to understand our society.
1) You will get a clear idea about the social problems in India, its causes, effects, solutions etc.
2) A renowned author has written it and hence you can rely on it.
3) Easy Language which makes it interesting to read.
1) It is not written exclusively for UPSC preparation, so you've to skip many things.
2) Data provided is a little old and you've to update with the recent ones.