Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Macro DG Lens for Sigma Digital and Film SLR Camera (Black)
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) payment method includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Optimized for use with digital SLR cameras
- Multi-layer lens coating and lens design reduces flare and ghosting
- High-performance lens ideal for portraits, sports photography, nature photography
- Minimum focusing distance is 59 inches at all zoom settings
- Features 14 lens elements in 10 Groups
- Front and rear lens caps
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Sigmas 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG macro is a compact telephoto zoom lens. With a range that is useful for candid portraiture, capturing children playing in the backyard, amateur sports or even wildlife at the zoo this lens is usually the lens that photographers reach for first. Its great on vacation for capturing scenic details or even groups of flowers in a garden. The Sigma 70-300mm offer a 4-to-1 zoom ratio in a compact lens that is easily carried in your camera bag or left on the camera as you travel and the images are magnificent.
From the manufacturer
70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro
Your Affordable, Go-to Lens
Sigma’s 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro is a compact telephoto zoom lens. With a range that is useful for candid portraiture, capturing children playing in the backyard, amateur sports or even wildlife at the zoo this lens is usually the lens that photographers reach for first. It’s great on vacation for capturing scenic details or even groups of flowers in a garden. The Sigma 70-300mm offer a 4 to 1 zoom ratio in a compact lens that is easily carried in your camera bag or left on the camera as you travel; and the images are magnificent.
Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 76.6 x 122 millimeter /3.0 x 4.8 inches
Extended Dimensions: 208.30 millimeter / 8.2 inches
Weight: 545 grams / 19.2 ounces
Since 1961, and with the recent introduction of Sigma Global Vision, we have worked toward one single, simple goal: To hold ourselves to the highest standard of design & manufacturing of imaging products. Photography is all we do. And it’s all we’ve done. So you can rest assured that it’s something we know extensively and care deeply about. You have a vision. We’ve made it our mission.
- Compact telephoto zoom lens
- Capable of macro images with ratio 1:2 at 300mm
- Lens hood, front & rear caps
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1) This lens doesn't have a very large aperture, so it's not meant for low-light conditions. Your exposure time needs to go up. Not necessarily the fault of the lens, but if you expect to take some quick exposures in shadows, you'll have to bump up the ISO.
2) This is not a silent motor. It makes some noise, so if you're out to shoot some wildlife, you might want to go into manual mode.
3) Speaking of the auto-focus, this one has a hard time focusing on the exact object that you want. This could just be due to how close I was getting to them, but I've been closer with my Nikon lenses and haven't had this issue.
4) The speed of the auto focus isn't as quick as Nikon and even if you're already focused on your subject, it likes to recalibrate itself, so don't expect this to be a zippy lens.
5) When you're focused properly, the images are very sharp. I have no complaints about the quality of the image.
6) The macro feature is great! At first, I didn't realize you needed a minimum of 200mm to switch it on, so that took some getting used to.
7) The lens is a little heavy and will require a tripod if you zoom in, but if you're going 200mm+ you should be using a tripod anyways.
I would have loved to give this lens 5 stars, but the quality and speed of the auto focus and leaves a bit to be desired. I would absolutely recommend this and I actually have recommended it to a friend who has a Canon. I don't regret my purchase at all!