- Paperback: 400 pages
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster (1 May 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1471146723
- ISBN-13: 978-1471146725
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 2.4 x 19.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 390 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #757 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE Delivery
Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of NIKE Paperback – May 2018
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (3): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 50 using Axis Bank Credit & Debit Cards. Valid only on your first 2 online payments. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days from purchase. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
One of the world’s most influential business executives, Phil Knight is the founder of Nike, Inc. He served as CEO of the company from 1964 to 2004, as board chairman through 2016, and he is currently Chairman Emertius. He lives in Oregon with his wife, Penny.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book ‘Shoe Dog’ is more like a conversation you have with your friend in a long weekend trip. How his life has shaped up from college, how people supported him, how challenges welcomed him with open arms (sometimes all at the same time) and how he survived after all. Nike began as an idea that Phil Knight presented in his post-grad days; importing shoes from Japan and selling it in America. His belief in the idea led to subsequent events, struggles and much-known success at the end.
In his memoir, he is not ashamed of how he remained impassive with his marketing team, his closest aides, and people who believed in him. He understood their encouraging presence and accepted that his dream is being supported by many others without any questions. Surprisingly, people gained strength from his behavior. The memoir won’t make you feel empathetic about his journey but like any other Nike’s advertisements, it will definitely make you feel motivated. Oh, it also made me believe that some quick decisions can be the best ones, Nike, the famous swoosh was among those.
Shoe Dog, Phil Knight’s memoir about creating Nike, is a refreshingly honest reminder of what the path to business success really looks like. It’s a messy, perilous, and chaotic journey riddled with mistakes, endless struggles, and sacrifice. In fact, the only thing that seems inevitable in page after page of Knight’s story is that his company will end in failure.
Has great significant events covered about the legendary brand
Great insights about tech and footwear
The core team and the importance of each of them since forming a company to next phase of expansion
Just felt from 1980 to conclusion came too fast. Being born past 80, Would have loved to know more about the facts behind the progress and transition in similar details till today.
Phil didn't seem preachy nor just about himself not a magical or ruthless entrepreneur. He seemed a consistent, smart, very right and thoughtful in valuing people but not crazy, bit dry and not too much political. All and all, simplicity and right product with continuous innovation and upgrades by great and relevant people worked which is describe in fast details. Names will be easily remembered as the characters are very strong and equally important as Phil himself. Highlighted so many paragraphs and would read again and again. A great read!
This would inspire you much more and sounds achievable than Musk's littered with some-extraordinary, out-of-world talent and capability.