Shell Helix Ultra 550041109 5W-40 API SN Fully Synthetic Car Engine Oil (4 L)
|Price:||2,413.00 FREE Delivery.Details|
|You Save:||2,567.00 (52%)|
|Inclusive of all taxes|
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) payment method includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
Fulfilled by Amazon indicates that this item is stored, packed and dispatched from Amazon fulfilment centres. Amazon directly handles delivery, customer service and returns. Fulfilled by Amazon items can be identified with an badge. Orders containing items Fulfilled by Amazon worth Rs.499 or more are eligible for FREE delivery. FBA items may also be eligible for faster delivery (Same-Day, One-Day and Two-Day).
If you are a seller, Fulfilment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Learn more about the programme.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Maruti Swift Petrol /Diesel, Maruti SX4 Petrol/Diesel, Fiat Punto/Linea (Petrol), Ford Mustang, Maruti Swift Dzire Petrol /Diesel, Maruti Versa, Fiat Punto /Linea (Diesel), Toyota Camry (ACV 30), Maruti Ignis, Maruti Grand Vitara, Honda civic, Toyota Camry (ACV 40), Maruti Gypsy, Maruti S cross Petrol/Diesel, Honda Accord, Toyota Prado, Maruti Ertiga, Maruti Celerio, Volkswagen Beetle, Toyota Innova Crysta, Hyundai Acsent, Maruti Vitara Brezza, Volkswagen Jetta, Toyota Camry, Hyundai Verna Petrol, Maruti Ciaz (petrol), Volkswagen Passat, Toyota Fortuner Petrol/Diesel, Hyundai i20 petrol/Diesel, TATA Manza Petrol, Volkswagen Phaeton, Hyundai Elantra, TATA Manza Diesel, Volkswagen Touareg, Toyota Land Cruiser, Hyundai Xcent, TATA Bolt, Volkswagen Ameo (Petrol/Diesel), Toyota Prius, Hyundai Verna CRDi, TATA Tiago, Volkswagen Cross Polo, Skoda Fabia, Hyundai Elantra CRDi, TATA Tigor, Skoda Octavia, Hyundai Eon, TATA Venture, Volkswagen GTI, Skoda Superb, Hyundai Grand i10, TATA Zest, Volkswagen Tiguan, Skoda Rapid, Hyundai Elite i20, TATA Hexa, Toyota Corolla, Skoda Yeti, Hyundai i20 Active, TATA Aria, Toyota Corolla Altis, Skoda Laura, Hyundai Creta (Petrol/Diesel), Ford Figo Petrol /Diesel, Audi A4 old models, Hyundai Santa Fe, Ford Fiesta Petrol/Diesel, Audi A4 new models, Ford Ikon Petrol Endura, Audi TT, Ford Ikon Rocan Petrol/Diesel, Audi A6, Ford Fusion Petrol/Diesel, Audi A8, Ford Endeavour Diesel, Audi R8, Ford Aspire, Audi Q7, Ford Ecosport (Petrol/Diesel), Audi A3, Nissan Sunny/Micra/ Evalla (Petrol), Audi Q3, Nissan Sunny/Micra/ Evalla (Diesel), Audi Q5, Nissan Teana J31/J32, Audi S5 Sportback, Nissan Sunny, Audi RS7 Sportback, Nissan Terrano, Audi RS 6, Nissan Micra Active, Nissan X-Trail T30/T31, BMW 3 series, Renault Pulse /Scala (Petrol), BMW X3, Renault Duster (Petrol), BMW 5 series/X5, Renault Pulse /Scala (Diesel), BMW 8 D, Renault Kwid, BMW 6 series, Renault Lodgy, BMW X 6, Renault Duster/Fluence/Koleos (Diesel), BMW 7 series /X6, Honda City (Petrol/Diesel), BMW M series, Honda CRV, BMW X1, Honda Brio, BMW 1 series, Honda Amaze (Petrol/Diesel), BMW Z4, Honda Jazz, BMW M3, Honda Honda WRV, BMW M5, Honda Honda BRV, BMW M6, Honda Honda CRV, BMW Z8, Chevrolet Cruize petrol, BMW GT, Chevrolet Captiva Petrol, Chevrolet Sail, Volvo S 80, Chevrolet Enjoy, Volvo XC60, Chevrolet Trailblazer, Volvo XC90, Chevrolet UVA, Volvo V40, Volkswagen Polo, Volvo S60, Volkswagen Vento, Volvo S90, Toyota Qualis Petrol, Volvo V60, Toyota Qualis Diesel, Mercedez-Benz A class /B class, Toyota Innova Petrol/ Diesel, Mercedez-Benz C class/E class, Toyota Etios Liva/Cross(Petrol), Mercedez-Benz CLS class, Toyota Etios Liva/Cross (Diesel), Mercedez-Benz GL class / M class, Mercedez-Benz S class, Mercedez-Benz SLK class
- Comes with the revolutionary pure plus technology, made from natural gas
- Shell's unique active cleansing technology leaves pistons 65 percentage cleaner than industry standard
- Excellent performance even for the longest recommended drain intervals
- Enhanced fuel economy, up to 2.2 percentage fuel savings due to superior flow and viscosity
- Meets the latest OEM performance specifications of Ferrari, Porshe, Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, BMW, Fiat and more
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Shell Helix Ultra 550041109 5W-40 API SN Fully Synthetic Car Engine Oil meets the latest OEM performance specifications of Ferrari, Porshe, Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, BMW, Fiat and more. Shell Helix Ultra is Shell's most advanced fully synthetic oil with pure plus technology. Made from natural gas, no other motor oil can keep your engines closer to factory clean. It is the motor oil used by Ferrari. It provides maximum performance for your vehicle in any terrain and weather condition. Recommended for both petrol, diesel and gas vehicles. No other motor oil keeps your engine closer to factory clean. Provides unsurpassed protection in severe driving conditions like urban traffic.
From the manufacturer
Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 provides:
- Unsurpassed sludge protection – no other motor oil can keep your engine closer to factory clean*
- Exceptional protection and cleansing, even at the longest manufacturer-recommended oil-drain intervals
- Approved for use by numerous makers of high-performance vehicles and is the only motor oil used by Ferrari
Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 API SN Fully Synthetic Car Engine Oil
Fully Synthetic Motor Oil – Shell’s Most Advanced Formulation for High-performance Engines
Today’s vehicles need a motor oil that keeps pace with their changing demands and does more to improve performance and engine life. This is why Shell came up with an entirely new way to produce synthetic base oils, made from natural gas with our patented Shell PurePlus Technology.
Shell Helix Ultra is a range of top-tier motor oil that is formulated using the unique Shell PurePlus Technology, yielding a motor oil that actively helps keep engines clean. Active Cleansing Technology has always been at the heart of Shell Helix. Starting with the unique Shell PurePlus Technology allows the product to provide even higher levels of cleansing and protection.
*Based on Sequence VG sludge test results using 0W-40.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have put in my Swift VDI and instead of performance upgrade my car has started giving looking and veired engine sound.
It's surely going to damage my car and faith in Amazon.
Don't realy know how to get the original Shell Oil replaced by Amazon.
1) Which is better 0W -40 or 5W - 40
0W is supposed to give higher performance during extremely cold weather due its viscosity, that being said tests that have been run by enthusiasts and top engineers reveals that there is barely any difference between the 0W and 5W when it comes to cold weather performance, also the 5W oil performs way better than 0W in every other aspect . So 5W is the best oil in the market for any Vehicle running in Indian conditions. In fact, none of the vehicle manual new or old would recommend using 0W:).
2) Is this original or Duplicate?
Some reviews have doubts whether this is original or counterfeit since the pic on the AD shows " For Diesel and Gasoline Engines" and the Product you receive may show " for Diesel CNG and petrol engines". The truth is both are 100% Original Shell but the Difference is the manufacturing. The one which shows "gasoline" is marketed outside India and the one shell is manufacturing and selling in India will have " For Diesel CNG and Petrol"
3) Will this work effectively on both petrol and diesel engines?
Unlike mineral oil, this is synthetically designed to work in both engines.
4) whats the scratch code at the back of the can?
This is meant for engineers/mechanics/service centres who regularly change oil in multiple cars, its a loyalty program for them and is absolutely useless if you are an end consumer. They get rewards from Shell based on the number of scratch card codes they register with them monthly.
5)Colour of the oil is different than previously Purchased?
yes, it's true! the colour of the oil may differ from time to time depending on the manufacturing batch as they may use different colour dye (I have received Green/Blue sometimes even light golden yet transparent)
6) what is that thin floating layer of transparent oil on top?
This happens only in brand new engine oil never used, since the dye and chemicals used to treat the synthetic oil is heavier than the raw material used for synthetic oil it may end up floating on top if stored in a single place for a long time (like fresh fruit juice)
7)What colour should my oil be before I change it?
In case you forgot when the last oil change was done for any reason then find your oil dipstick, pull it out and check the level of oil and its colour. If the oil is a dark-brown or black colour, like Coca-Cola then its time to change it.
You can also do a butter paper test by putting a few drops of oil from the dipstick on a butter paper and holding it vertically if it flows down quickly like normal household oil leaving a dark and or grainy trail behind then it's definitely time for that oil change.
8) Is it advisable to use Synthetic Oil in older cars?
Older is subjective, for example, if you have a 15-year-old Audi or Merc it will work just fine due to the materials used on the inner lining of the engines. On the other hand, most low and mid-range mass-produced cars older than15 years would have formed oil sludge and deposits all over the engine and synthetic oil does a better job of cleaning out sludge which may cause a difference in mileage/engine sound/too much smoke from exhaust due to oil getting into the combustion chamber and in extreme cases Engine crank issues due to extra play space the engine parts get after the sludge is cleaned out.(oil sludges are accumulated over a period of time in tiny dents or spaces created inside the engine due to constant friction)
9)Is it worth it to use synthetic oil?
Although more costly, synthetic has its advantages. Many automakers require owners to use synthetic motor oil in their cars' engines. This is because synthetic oil has some advantages over conventional motor oil. Resisting break-down, and thus lasts longer than mineral oil.
10) Can Synthetic oil cause Oil leaks?
It is a common misconception that Synthetic oil will cause engine leaks. In fact, if your seals and gaskets are in good condition, synthetic oil will not leak in your engine. Synthetic oil has not been shown to deteriorate engine seals or gaskets but like mentioned in a previous question if there was a pre-existing leak which may have been covered by an engine oil sludge previously may get washed away and a leak may appear.
Now the Review:
I Personally have been using this on 2 cars a Polo GT TDI and a Skoda Laura, and Shell is officially recommended by VW and Skoda for their engines and works beautifully with the TDI /TSI engines.
My friend used this on an i20 CRDI and he feels its better than OEM specified oil for his car. The engine becomes notably smooth with this oil and definitely increases the engine life/ performance.
I have also noticed that the engine blowby reduces when you use this oil.
My laura has been using this for a long time and has clocked for 160K Kms and the engine still purrs like a kitten :) and so does my polo buut it has run only 30K kms . (used this oil on Laura for at least 10-11 oil changes)
Also tried this on my Dad's Ford Ecosport TDCI engine recently for the first time and run around 7k kms after that and have no complaints.
Please check your owners manual for next oil change cycle and would differ from vehicle to vehicle and I do it every 10K kms although the manual says 15K.
Excellent Pricing and this was 300 RS more expensive at an auto store nearby.I have seen the price go as low as 2.5k on Amazon which makes a difference of 500 RS compared to the local price in Bangalore.
*Flush the Engine using an aftermarket Engine flush like liqui-moly or STP then replace it with this awesome fully synthetic oil.(To flush simply add the engine-flush to existing engine oil and keep the vehicle idling for 15-20 mins then drain) .
*Keep half litre oil in your car or garage so that you can top up every 2k kms for best performance ( I top up 100 - 120 ml ever 2 k kms until it reaches 8k kms and then replace it at around 10-11K )
*Remember to change the filters every second oil change.( EMISSION FILTER/ OIL FILTERS / ENGINE AIR FILTERS Except for cabin or AC filter)
*In the case of diesel engine also change the diesel filter every 3rd oil change.(this will avoid engine misfires/sudden drop in mileage by stopping impurities from getting into the engine chambers )
*Run the engine for at least 5-10 KM right after the oil change in case you decided to flush the engine before oil replacement
Note: Above-mentioned steps are just best practices and may or may not be followed by all service centres/individuals but is highly recommended to improve performance and reduce heavy maintenance costs in the future.
If you have any questions Feel free to leave a comment.
-Overall this is an excellent engine oil product from Shell with international Quality standards and best for your luxury sedans and hatch!