- Publisher: academic foundation (2016)
- ISBN-10: 9332703957
- ISBN-13: 978-9332703957
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #7,90,770 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 200.00 Delivery charge
A Shared Destiny: My Journey with CHETNA - Indian Edition Hardcover – 2016
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 27th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
It was in the early 1980s that a young nutritionist, Indu Capoor, had a vision — of an India where the health and nutrition of marginalised women and children mattered. So when she was asked by a multilateral funding agency to write a proposal, she wrote a note going well beyond a project. She proposed an institution that would work as a bridge between policy and practice. And CHETNA, or Centre for Health, Education, Training and Nutrition Awareness, was born. Chetna means awareness in Hindi and several other Indian and Asian languages. This book is as much about Indu’s own awakening as it is about CHETNA, the engendered organisation. A Shared Destiny: My Journey with CHETNA, is the story of a woman committed to a cause, and of how she has built a uniquely shaped organisation that has clear engendered work spaces, policies, structures, practices and proce-dures. It is about taking strong feminist leadership to build and run a civil society organisation that has acquired huge credibility and reputation. It is about a founder-leader moving on after three decades at the top of an organisation, and supporting the next generation to take charge. Entrepreneurs, leaders, indeed all working women and men, in the social sector and the corporate world, will find lessons in this book to help make the world of work more gender equal.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|