|Specialty||No Artificial Flavors|
|Region Produced In||Pampore, Kashmir|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Certification||ISO3632 Lab Tested|
|Item part number||SS5G|
|Package Dimensions||7.87 x 6.6 x 2.03 cm; 5 Grams|
|Ingredients||Certified ISO3632 Grade A1++ All Red Long Threads Natural Kashmir Mogra Saffron/Kesar/Keshar|
|Country of Origin||India|
Shalimar Saffron 5 Grams Pure Kashmir Kesar / Saffron (Natural & Premium A++ Grade Saffron / Keshar Threads) - 5g
|Price:||₹ 1,139.00 (₹ 22,780.00 / 100 g)|
|You Save:||₹ 960.00 (46%)|
|Inclusive of all taxes|
5% coupon applied.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
5% coupon applied.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
- Shalimar Saffron offers world's most potent authentic saffron from the beautiful fields of Pampore, Kashmir, India. Naturally Grown and Hand Harvested.
- It's packed in air tight jars and comes with resealable bag which preserves its properties for longer time as compared with glass jars. Shalimar Saffron is tested not only in India but by various countries FDA's to whom we export. Our color power is more than 260+, Flavour, Aroma exceeds ISO3632 standard of Grade A1++.
- No Added Color, Flavour, Preservatives. All Red Long Threads Kashmir Saffron is better than Saffron of other countries notably Afghani, Irani, Spanish Saffron.
- Saffron is natural antioxidant which provides various Health benefits both to men and women. An excellent source for fair glowing radiant skin. A perfect choice for pregnant women. In addition Saffron is used in Exotic Food Products, Gourmet, Ayurvedic uses.
- Saffron Threads needs to be dipped for atleast 30minutes preferably in hot water before use. Customers are advised to follow instructions mentioned on the pack. Original Saffron will never dissolve in water or milk a common myth.
Frequently bought together
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Bank Offer (6): 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Credit Card and Credit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Citi Credit Card, Debit Card and EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with ICICI Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 10% Instant Discount up to Rs. 750 on minimum order of Rs. 5,000 with Axis Bank Debit Card and Debit Card EMI transactions. Here's how
- 5% Instant Discount up to Rs.750 + up to 5% Reward Points with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card (on minimum purchase of Rs.5000). Here's how
- Cashback: 5% back with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime-members. 3% back for everybody else. Here's how
- Partner Offers (2): Get 25% back up to ₹250 with Amazon Pay Later. Valid on 1st Pay Later transaction. Check eligibility here! Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More items to explore
Certified ISO3632 Grade A1++ All Red Long Threads Natural Kashmir Mogra Saffron/Kesar/Keshar
Customers are requested to provide complete address including House no./Building no./Flat no. along with Building/ Area/ Locality Name and nearest Landmark. Kindly use correct Postal Code for faster delivery. Product of Aensia Overseas and sold by its online arm- House of Saffron
While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.
Shalimar Brand is Certified Grade A1++ Premium Long Thread Kashmir Mogra Saffron also known as Mongra Saffron. This Highly Potent Saffron is grown Naturally in valley of Pampore, Kashmir. Shalimar Saffron is procured directly from Farms eliminating middlemen, Graded and Packed in easy to use Air Tight Containers. It comes in a packing which once opened cant be resealed to its original condition. Great care has been taken during harvesting so that Shalimar Brand Saffron reaches to every customer in fresh and perfect conditions. We supply only Premium Quality All Red Saffron tested to Grade 1 ISO parameters which has shelf life of minimum 2years from harvest. Interesting to know that Saffron is harvested only once in the months of Oct-Nov and it is marked on every pack you get. Favored by Michelin Star Chefs and Cooks accross the globe. Saffron from centuries is known to contain many Health promoting properties. It is also used in Beauty Products specially Face/Body Packs. It enhances skin tone with fair complexion. It is also used to give flavour to your Food Products like Milk, Kheer, Biryani, Sweets, Ice Creams, Cakes, Bakery products and other gourmet uses. It is Gifted to your loved ones during special occasions. Also known as Kesar, Azafran, ???? Saffron Threads are derived from plant Crocus Sativus. It takes more than 170000 flowers to make 1kg of Saffron. Saffron most important properties are Color Strength(Crocin), Flavour/Taster (Picocrocin), Aroma (Safranal), Moisture. Shalimar Saffron meets all requirements for being a Premium Quality Product.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
Top reviews from India
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Online sources say authentic saffron smells somewhat like a mixture of hay and honey, opening the package confirmed it. Also, if you have tasted Complan's kesar badam variant, you will recognize the flavor instantly. All strands are dark red.
This saffron is so powerful that it must be used *IN MODERATION*. To make biriyani for 4 people, I took 12 strands, warmed slightly in a pan, made into a powder, then added the powder to warm milk in a bowl and waited for 2 hrs. It totally overpowered other flavors, somewhat spoiling the dish. 6 strands would have been enough.
UPDATE Jan 2018: Used with Gits gulab jamun mix. My mom fried the jamuns perfectly, put just 4 saffron strands in warm sugar syrup (for 300g packet, so there were a lot of jamuns). The aroma was heavenly (but I think equal credit must go to my mom), so I consumed nearly 20 jamuns within one hour!
Strangely enough, my dad (64yrs) could not detect any significant aroma. This suggests some verified purchase negative reviews might NOT be fake, but some people/elderly persons may have reduced smell sensitivity to saffron.
Comparison with cheaper everest brand saffron: Aroma is the same, confirming both are genuine, but this one is so powerful that 1 strand of this brand equals 5-6 strands of everest. So this grade-I saffron will be cheaper in the long run (but see below).
October 2018 Update: I feel fragrance is gradually reducing, so I have to use more strands now. Unfortunately, this is how nature works, flavours do not last forever, it also happened with Domino's famous oregano seasonings, even after storing in a cool dark place.
February 2019 update: The flavour has reduced, do I have to use 2x strands now. The decay seems exponential, it loses flavour very rapidly in first 6 months and then gradually. The strands (almost 70% still left) have turned somewhat pale orange from original crimson red.
June 2019 update: Its close to useless now, even after using in 2x quantity, there is almost zero flavour. Of course, upon opening packet, I still get tobacco/hay-honey like smell, but it is ineffective when mixed in food. This does not mean the product was bad. You are advised to finish it quickly within a year by yourself or distribute among relatives.
1. Pure saffron doesn't leave color sooner as well as color would be yellow shade. Have uploaded picture Stigma in warm milk.
2. Neither the stigma break in pieces when rubbed after soaking in water or milk.
Surely will buy it again and again if the quality remains the same.
Thank you Shalimar
but we are happy after using it for couple of months
Top reviews from other countries
There was a strange flavor that is definitely NOT saffron which overwhelmed the mild iodiform note which normally dominates. Mental effects very weak, but nice balance. Poorly cured (still a bit wet -- paying for water). that nice saffron burn is largely missing. The packaging is cheap and poorly seals. batch is a bit old as well. It is illegal to export Kashmiri saffron, so maybe this isn't saffron. Seems like its just a bit under cured and was improperly stored.
Want my money back