Seedstores : Precious Indian Sandalwood Santalum Album Chandan Tree 25 Seeds
|Sale:||220.00 FREE Delivery.|
|Inclusive of all taxes|
- Fresh Santalum Album Chandan Chandanam Srigandha Tree Seeds for growing
- The sandalwood tree can grow in almost any part of India (which is why any Indian will recognize the fragrant wood, even though they might refer to sandalwood by one of its many aliases.) The sandalwood tree flourishes in regions where the climate is cool with moderate rainfall, plentiful sunshine and long periods of dry weather.
- The sandalwood is a root parasite so you have to provide other plants for it to grow along with, especially by the time it is 8" high, Alternatively, when you plant the sandalwood seed, also throw in some toor dal or butterfly seeds. Plant the sandalwood seed Ÿ" to 1" below the soil and water it lightly everyday.
- Mix red earth, farmyard manure (cattle manure) and sand in a ratio of 2:1:1 i.e 2 parts of red earth, 1 part of manure and 1 part of sand. Silt also provides very good nourishment to plants. The seeds will start sprouting only in 4 to 8 weeks so don't stop watering if you don't see results - and don't over water, because that certainly won't hasten the process! The soil should always be moist, never water logged, so after it has sprouted, water it only on alternate days.
- When your saplings are about one month old, transplanting them to a larger area will give them a much higher chance to survive and thrive. Clear an area for planting and dig a pit about 30cm3 in size. Plant the sandalwood seedlings along with the host seedlings - keep a distance of 2.5 to 4m between two sandalwood plants. Usually, sandalwood is transplanted in the months between May and October.
| This product is Not Returnable. It may be exchanged by seller in case of factory damage on a case to case basis.|
Cancellation for Live Plants items is allowed before the shipment is dispatched. You can request cancellation through Your Orders page or by contacting Amazon customer service within that time. If a product is received in a damaged or defective condition, you need to contact the seller/Amazon customer service within 1 days of delivery. The Amazon A-to-Z Guarantee is available to you.
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal Disclaimer:Germination / Growth of seeds is based on many factors, including soil/potting mixture, climate, humidity, seed pre-treatment procedures, Seed scarification, depth of sowing, watering, parasitism etc.. etc.. we do not accept any liability regarding their germination, growth and performance etc ..
Indian Sandalwood Santalum Album Chandan Chandanam Srigandha Tree Seeds Santalum album or Indian sandalwood is a small tropical tree, the most commonly known source of sandalwood. Its is the world's most popular and costliest wood and widely known as Chandanam, Srigandham in south India and Chandan in North. It is one of the renowned trees from ancient days. Sandal wood is a small evergreen tree, can attain a height of 4-9 meters, with slender drooping as well as erect branching. The tree starts flowering at an early age of 2 to 3 years, fruit is drupe, purplish, when fully mature and single seeded. Plant the sandalwood seed Ÿ" to 1" below the soil and water it lightly everyday. The seeds will start sprouting normally in 4 to 8 weeks, required regular watering or the soil should always be moist, never water logged, after it has sprouted, water it in alternate days. You can sprout the seeds separately and replant into the soil when sapling turned to 2-3 leaves or sprout the seeds directly in the garden/Farm/Field. Best wishes & Happy Gardening..