- Hardcover: 816 pages
- Publisher: McGraw Hill Education; 6 edition (1 July 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0070140650
- ISBN-13: 978-0070140653
- Product Dimensions: 40.1 x 14 x 59.9 cm
- Customer Reviews: 293 customer ratings
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#1,299 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #8 in Investments & Securities
Security Analysis: Sixth Edition, Foreword by Warren Buffett Hardcover – 1 July 2017
Hardcover, 1 July 2017
5% coupon applied.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
Save Extra with 3 offers
- No Cost EMI: Avail No Cost EMI on select cards for orders above ₹3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant discount with HSBC Cashback card Here's how
- Partner Offers (4): Get FLAT 5% BACK with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit card for Prime members. Flat 3% BACK for non-Prime members. Here's how
- Buy now & pay next month at 0% interest or pay in EMIs with Amazon Pay Later. Instant credit upto ₹20,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Avail EMI on Debit Cards. Get credit up to ₹1,00,000. Check eligibility here Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
From the Back Cover
“A roadmap for investing that I have now been following for 57 years.”
―From the foreword by Warren E. Buffett
The 1940 edition of Security Analysis is considered the bible of value investing. McGraw-Hill continues its proud tradition with this new sixth edition that will serve as a touchstone for a new generation of investors.
The leading “Masters” of value investing have updated Graham and Dodd’s classic work with more than 200 pages of new commentary:
- Seth A. Klarman, president of The Baupost Group, L.L.C. and author of Margin of Safety
- James Grant, founder of Grant's Interest Rate Observer, general partner of Nippon Partners
- Jeffrey M. Laderman, twenty-five year veteran of BusinessWeek
- Roger Lowenstein, author of Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist and When America Aged and Outside Director, Sequoia Fund
- Howard S. Marks, CFA, Chairman and Co-Founder, Oaktree Capital Management L.P.
- J. Ezra Merkin, Managing Partner, Gabriel Capital Group .
- Bruce Berkowitz, Founder, Fairholme Capital Management.
- Glenn H. Greenberg, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Chieftain Capital Management
- Bruce Greenwald, Robert Heilbrunn Professor of Finance and Asset Management, Columbia Business School
- David Abrams, Managing Member, Abrams Capital
The accompanying CD-ROM contains the entire 1940 text.
“Benjamin Graham is the father of investment analysts everywhere, originally sparking the debate for a credential to professionalize the industry which led to the CFA Charter. He transformed the practice of financial analysis from trade to science, starting with his groundbreaking book, Security Analysis, first published in 1934. This edition, with new commentary by some of today’s finest investors, belongs on every investment professional’s shelf.”
―Jeffrey J. Diermeier, CFA, president and CEO, CFA Institute
About the Author
Benjamin Graham was an American professional investor. Popularly known as the Father of Value Investing, his investment approach attracted a lot of followers. He had a job on Wall Street and started the Graham-Newman Partnership. Apart from this book, Graham has also authored the Intelligent Investor and Storage and Stability.
David LeFevre Dodd was a famous American author. In addition to that, he was also an economist, financial analyst and professional investor. He has worked as a Research Assistant at National Bank of Commerce in New York. Apart from co-authoring this book, Dodd also wrote Stock Watering.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I can download a free pdf online if I want to read the book on my system. I would prefer if the book had the additional commentary on the CD and actual text on the book.
Moreover it's not that unimportant chapters a missing. Critical chapters required for understanding the text are not there. For example in the section 'Fixed Value Investment' 6 out of 16 chapters are not there. The entire flow of the reader breaks because of this.
Other sections also have such blatant omissions.
This is about 727 Page thick book and it demands patience .
Many footnotes in the hardcopy ask us to refer the CD for more details. Why the book then?? You could have just put everything in the CD and sold it.
Or even better, sell a kindle edition of this book with all the content in a single book.
Top international reviews
On a scale from 1-10 will score at 3 while comparing "The Intelligent Investor"