- Paperback: 280 pages
- Publisher: Fingerprint! Publishing (1 September 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9388144848
- ISBN-13: 978-9388144841
- Package Dimensions: 19.6 x 12.7 x 2.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 55 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #2,324 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Secret Diary of an Incurable Romantic: (Um . . . and a closet alcoholic) Paperback – Sep 2018
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Chitrangada Mukherjee was born and raised in the scenic north-eastern state of Tripura. She post graduated in History from the Presidency College in Kolkata, a city which made her a thinker. A love affair resulting in marriage brought her to the south of India, where she worked as a tele-caller, teacher, news reader, soft skills trainer, quiz show hostess, and content writer. Five years ago she decided to leave her cushy IT job and embrace motherhood. While at home, she started to introspect about her true calling. She found it in writing. For her writing is akin to exercising–if she doesn’t write for a day, she ends up releasing negative hormones in her body. Apart from writing and reading, she loves listening to music on her headphones, grass walking, and gazing at the ocean. Chennai is her home now, where she lives with her seven-year-old daughter and husband. Secret Diary of an Incurable Romantic is her second novel.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The characterization is intelligently executed, providing an apt balance between those needed to take the story forward and those who just get lost with the flowing alcohol. And, in everything she keeps her sense of humour alive; although short-lived at times, but powerful enough to arouse those thoughts in your mind that will keep you glued to the narration.
The narration is diluted at times with the induction of modernity in it, which could’ve been avoided, still doing justice to her story. But, having said that the book is brilliantly executed. The question, whether she finds love again, shall be answered as you walk with her in this journey.
Firstly there is different kind of love for the books which are written in diary form. This book is one of them. Each new day start with new chapter.
Madhu Ray, a woman in her 30s who lost her loving husband recently. Living in Chennai she has her 70 year old Mother in Law to look after.
She is teacher by profession. To make her life more complicated she falls in love with her 4 years younger colleague in school, Daksh. There is one more guy, Agasthya a good-looking smart businessman, And the last but the most interesting character in this book her best friend Pintu.
This book was so funny, hilarious it was interesting, gripping and I wanted to finish it in a single shot, but couldn’t because of work. I'll highly recommend this book to everyone readers plus non-readers. This is not a love story
The ending was pleasant and surely not the one I was expecting because there was a twist in the story which I would say is revolutionary even in this 21st century. I got all the emotional while reading this book. Everyone can easily Connect to the characters.
This book teaches us if you don't have anything to live for think twice you will definitely find a way. I must the this book is one the favorite read of 2018. Kudos to Author.
Not only the diary format , but also the content of the book was amazing .
Madhubala Roy , the main protagonist of the story is in her 30s . She lost her husband and gets addicted to alcohol. She tries to find love again , but also weeps in grief for her dead husband . She gets more and more addicted to alcohol , in order to relief herself from the pain she had woven inside her .
There are two more charecters pintu , her best friend and Agasthya , who is a businessman in his 40s. .
Author had written the emotions so well , that you get indulged in the story . The book contains love , desire , heartbreak etc .
The book is not a thriller ,nor a adventure story , still you will fell from inside to read it , you will turn the pages .
Most importantly , now a days most of the romantic stories have a predictable ending , but this book made my ongoing prediction wrong . And too a U-turn and this made me more happy . Because we readers want something Innovative , that the book contains . .
The book is highly recommendable for all the readers , for even those who don't like romantic stories . Because it's not a romantic story only , also a journey of a woman . .
The pace of the story is good.
Cover is apt as per the story.
A smooth read and a tale that gives us hope that those who are meant for us will find a way and be with us.
- Now this book is really nice. It is very interesting, engaging & every other ing 😉
- The story or I should say the protagonist's life is very simple but yet when you'll read it you won't get bored (atleast I didn't, can't say about you 🤷😸)
- The book is a good combination of emotions. It contains humor, wit, love, heartbreak & everything else that will make you feel comfy while reading it.
- The story is well depicted.
- The characters are very realistic.
- The language is lucid.
- The ending is unpredictable.
- & the best thing 'HAPPY ENDING' 😭
So if you want to read a different, newage & refreshing book to read then you should definitely try this 👍