Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Portable External Hard Drive with 200GB of Cloud Storage & Mobile Device Backup (Black)
- Protect photos, videos and more on the go
- Save your social life with a click
- Share your favourite moments instantly
- Upgrade your connectivity instantly
- 3 years limited warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
| The order quantity for this product is limited to 1 unit per customer|
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Seagate Backup Plus 1TB External Hard Disk is the Simple Way to Protect and Share Your Entire Digital Life Without Getting Rest of Your Life.
From the Manufacturer
Easy Backup for Your Data
The Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Portable External Hard Drive is the ultimate solution for all your data protection and sharing needs. Being portable and compact, it is suitable for travellers. With a storage capacity of 1 TB, this device offers easy backup of all your important data without the risk of losing it. The Seagate Portable Hard Disk 1TB features USB v3.0 interface for fast data transfer and comes with an 18-inch cable. The data transfer speed can be increased by upgrading the device to Thunderbolt technology or FireWire 800 using add-on adapters (not included).
Supports Seagate Mobile Backup Application
It is simple to save a copy of your special memories and videos directly from your mobile to the Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Portable External Hard Drive. You can easily download the free Seagate Mobile Backup Application that allows you to create and save a backup of your videos and digital photos instantly from your iOS or Android mobile to the Seagate Backup Plus 1TB External Hard Disk. This device is also compatible with PC or Mac computer and supports Windows and Mac OS X v10.6 operating systems.
Preloaded Seagate Dashboard
Featuring the preloaded Seagate Dashboard, the Seagate Backup Plus 1TB External Hard Disk black offers a wide range of functions, such as protect, save and share for an exceptional performance. It enables you to share and save all your photos and videos uploaded on social networking sites so that you don't lose them even if the internal hard disk of your computer crashes. You can also set automatic backup of all your online posts with the help of Seagate Dashboard. The Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Portable Drive also comes preloaded with NTFS driver for Mac computers.
- Capacity: 1 TB
- Connectivity: USB v3.0
- System Requirements: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 (32-bit and 64-bit) operating systems or Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
- Dimensions: 123.4 x 81.1 x 14.5 mm
- Weight: 0.224kg
Top customer reviews
1) No issues with amazon.in. Prompt delivery and excellent packaging.
2) Last week I noticed that my Seagate Hard drive had malfunctioned . I have hardly used it say 3-4 times. It was not getting detected by my laptop. On running seatools (Seagate diagnostic test) , the issue that emerged was some bad sector found. Anyway, since I had registered my product with Seagate the day I received it, It was well within the warranty period. So I decided to return it. I called the service center and there were more than willing to take it back. (I think Seagate must be expecting this the moment it manufactured this defective product to cheat the customers).
3) Now comes the tricky part. When you reach Accel Frontline (the authorized service centre of Seagate), you are told that you they will take your hard drive back and give you another one (but please note you will not get a new product but some other repaired product which some other unfortunate customer had returned). If I had known this ,I would have never purchased Seagate. It is as good as buying a second hand product.
4) Also, there is no way you can get your data back. When I asked what is the procedure to recover the data, I was told I need to write to seagate , get some authorisation from them . After that I am supposed to go to a third party vendor and get the data recovered. Also get some signature from that person on a letterhead. Excuse me! (It is as good as saying we won't do it for you and also make your life hell if you want to get it done).
So , in short Loss of data+Loss of money, time and effort = Huge Disappointment and Regret.
And what more should I add, I feel cheated.
Anyway, now that my money is stuck, let me see how is the replacement.
1. Even after very heavy usage, it is going strong.
2. Very good transfer speed; much better than any WD.
3. the best part is - its USB port can be removed and used with any other drive and SSD.
4. Once my two months old Samsung SSD went kaput! It will not show in Bios, could not detect it in OS. Pulled out the SSD from CPU Case and inserted the USB Port of this drive into SSD and tried to use the SSD as USB Drive. Voila - SSD was detected in the OS as USB Drive. Used "Diskpart Clear all" command for the SSD. Thereafter SSD was again detected as a OS Drive.
I have 2 other Seagate hard disks goflex 2tb and expansion 3tb. I switched western digital 1tb with this. Not only it preforms all it salaries futuristic with option to upgrade to thunderbolt or USB 3.1 whatever.
Internal hdd to bp plus
Ssd to bp plus
I do wish they had a faster transfer rate for when you connect to USB 2.0 But I'm still happy.
I'll definitely say this is the hard disk that anyone should buy.
Most recent customer reviews
Transfer rate is good
Doesnot make sound
Doesn't heat too much
Length of cord is just...Read more