- Paperback: 118 pages
- Publisher: Partridge India (9 June 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1482849712
- ISBN-13: 978-1482849714
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 0.8 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #6,729 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 80.00 Delivery charge
The Science of Emotions Paperback – 9 Jun 2015
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 27th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
this book for everyone who want to "stop and think" where we are going?
it has lot of medical science terminology will take some time to know meaning of words,
I congratulate Dr. Fahad Basheer for writing such a great book.
His pioneering research on how the chemicals inside our bodies form a dynamic information network, linking mind and body, is not only provocative, it is revolutionary. By establishing the biochemical basis for our emotions and explaining these new scientific developments in a clear and accessible way, Fahad Basheer empowers us to understand ourselves, our feelings, and the connection between our minds and our bodies -- body-minds -- in ways we could never possibly have imagined before.
The Science Of Emotions is a landmark work, full of insight and wisdom and possessing that rare power to change the way we see the world and ourselves
"This book clearly explains the biochemical and biophysical process by which the human mind can influence the human body. This book brings out the reality how the disorders and diseases of human body are generated from the human mind."
This clarity is lacking in this book full of medical terminology .In the body the different neurotransmitters cause different emotional reactions. The emotional response occurs first which affects mind. Mind influences the body. The body conditioned by the repeatedly similar behaviour is conditioned. The body too influences the mind.
The environment too has an influence. This is how epigenetics is explained :
"Epigenetics refers to the meta-level of genetic regulation. Under the influence of external factors, epigenetic mechanisms regulate which genes are turned on and off."
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?