- Reading level: 8 - 12 years
- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: DK Children; UK ed. edition (1 August 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1409347923
- ISBN-13: 978-1409347927
- Product Dimensions: 22.5 x 2.6 x 28.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 8 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #7,959 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 75.00 Delivery charge
Science A Children's Encyclopedia Hardcover – 1 Aug 2014
Traditional Stories for ChildrenBrowse through an exclusive collection of books that satiate extra inquisitive minds and curiosity of children. Shop now
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (4): Rs 100 cashback on Rs 499 or more for purchases made through Amazon Assistant. Click on the link - (Amazon Asistant) Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I just randomly went through a few topics and I found that a few simple things which should have been there are not even mentioned also the topics are not linked well enough. For example under "strange metals", lead and aluminum are mentioned for their special heavyness and lightness and softness but no mention of mercury as liquid metal! And unnecessary mention and space given to metaloids without a sentence about their metallic and non metallic properties that bring them to be called so. Under magnetism how hammering can decrease magnetism in a magnet is shown with even a figure and attraction between dissimilar poles and repultion between like poles (as well as permanent decrease in magnetic power if like poles are put together for long duration) is missing altogether which could have been mentioned at least under levitation train which is mentioned under electro magnets. A comparison of magnetic strength appears as a box where comparison is made with a "bar magnet" as if it were a standard! It could have been made with a barely working compass needle, to make it somewhat standard. There is a simple diagram of a refrigerator but the explanation has a grave mistake. From freezer returns gas to compressor not liquid as is mentioned there this is compressed in to "hotter" gas / liquid which then passes through radiator to give out heat, from here it is allowed to expand and cool down ready to absorb heat from surrounding, the process after this is correctly shown. Some where through the topics there was a tittle "heavy water", so i read it and what is there? Water is heavier than air and pressure at more depths in it is more! Nothing to do with "Heavy Water"D2O ! This is children's encyclopedia of "Science", so I expected these simple things and correctness must be there in it to fulfill the interest of kids in science.
If I can include this in my comment, it certainly can be in the book, ample of empty space is there in there.
These are just the few topics which I just randomly scrolled through and these certainly were disappointment as a first impression.