Satechi Desk Mat & Mate 24" x 14" Desk Pad & Protector Mouse Pad for desktops and laptops (Black)
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
- Available in a variety of colors to complement any desk space
- Protects a wide area of your desk from scratches and spills
- Tasteful synthetic leather adds elegance to your workspace
- Comfortable resting surface for your hands while writing, typing, or using the mouse
- Imported from USA
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Desk Mat & Mate enhances any desk and is perfect for use as a reading or writing surface, as well as housing your keyboard and mouse. Featuring an elegant textured surface and available in a variety of colors, the Desk Mat & Mate is a great addition to any workspace.
Compare with similar items
AmazonBasics Extended Gaming Mouse Pad,Black
Saco Mat for office desk Rectangular Desk Mat 24" x 15.3" inches Pad, Non Slip Protector Mouse Pad PU Leather for Desktops and Laptops (Black)
TOC Mouse Pad - Large Mouse Pad (Black), Smooth Silky Surface, Non Slippary Rubber Base for Desktops and Laptops - Size:800x400x3mm
Farraige Latest XXL Professional Large PL Mouse Pad & Computer Game Mouse Mat for Desktop, Laptop, Keyboard, Consoles & More Colour & Design May Very
Tizum Z14 Office Desk Pad Blotter – Gaming Mouse Pad -Vegan Leather (35 inch X 17.7-inch - Black)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Cloudtail India||saco||The Other Choice||Farraige Official||iStuff365|
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1) This item does not have any anti-slip material on the bottom. This causes it to side around my wood desk when using it! It takes barely any effort to move it around. I know that I can probably purchase very inexpensive anti-slip material for the bottom, but I have decided to return it for reason #2
2) I have a reclaimed wood desk, so the top surface is pretty rough. This causes writing on paper a little difficult. I purchased this item in hopes of utilizing it on my desk for when I needed to write. The surface seemed nice and smooth from the pictures and description. However, this item is somewhat soft and "squishy", and when you try to write on paper on this item, it cases the paper to have impressions on the other side. Now, I personally might have a heavy hand and press pretty hard, but even for those who write lightly would have this same issue.
The material: Softer than wood but denser than neoprene foam. This is complimentary to writing on firm leather giving your pen tip enough pliability of the paper to maintain smooth wrist movement without transforming your pen into a weapon of paper-punching-greatness.
The look: Similar in appearance to faux leather but with little sheen which is ideal for setting in front of a monitor.
The issues: Two huge issues which became immediately apparent to me -
1) The felt-like backing of this pad offers little friction to prevent from walking around the tabletop. I initially thought this was a design that might greatly increase the coefficient of friction as the downward force increased (say, setting a book on the pad) but I was wrong. It slides all over the place easily so if you are OCD and like your pad to sit uniform on the desk this is an issue.
2) Scratches easily. I had hoped for a pad with an outer rockwell hardness sustainable of normal desktop activities but in no time I've managed to make a few marks on this mat.
That said, I still prefer this over the bare wood so it's functional enough for what it does but could be better.
First off... attention to detail. Right off the bat when you receive this package you'll know that the people at this company thought it through enough to tailor the packaging to a nicely cellophane exterior with a cardboard handle. All the seems on the packaging are perfect and there is an elegant simplicity to it which is coupled with the functionality of the package (again, it comes with a handle).
If that's the packaging then you know the product within will have a better chance at being quality... which it is. The attention to detail continues with the pad itself. At the size of 24"x14" it fits on probably most keyboard trays out there. Yes, the girth is a bit bigger as most trays are short in that department... but that means you can have a little hang over (which was great for me). I hate crowded spaces and the rigidity built into the pad allows me to keep my mouse, keyboard, and number pad on the same pad. The seams on the pad itself are perfect and the embossed logo blends into the pad with a subtle tactic feel.
Secondly, durability. This product is made to last. Not that you'll be flinging the thing around, but if you did... I'm sure it'll hold up. I've had the pad for a while now and there are no bends, no dents, not a scratch. The thing looks new still.
If you go with this pad on your desk, it'll likely be a blessing to you. I write with a fountain pen, but even at that the surface is comfortable to support a note pad and pen.
Enjoy people. This is a winner in my book.