Samsung NP900X3L-K06US Notebook 9 13.3 Laptop (Iron Silver)
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Thin and light
- premium metal design at just under 1.9lbs
- 13.3-Inch Full-HD LED Display with Windows 10 Pre-installed
- 256GB Solid-State Drive for fast boot
- Great performance.
Get 5% cashback as Amazon Pay Balance. Pay using BHIM UPI, Netbanking, Debit / Credit Cards, Amazon Pay balance, EMI (NOT applicable on Pay on Delivery).Explore all laptops on offer Shop nowThe order quantity for this product is limited to 1 unit per customer
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare with similar items
Dell New XPS 13 XPS 9360 FHD 13.3-inch Laptop (Core i5 - 8250 U/8GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 with Ms Office Home & Student 2016/Intel UHD Graphics)
Asus ZenBook 3 UX390UA-GS048T 12.5-inch Laptop (Core i7-7500U/16GB/512GB/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics)
HP x360 Convertible 14-cd0078TU 14-inch FHD Slim Laptop ( 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8130U | 256GB SSD | 4GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016 | Intel UHD Graphics 620 ) Pale Gold
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||GrabAGadget||SUNSTAR_SURAT||AYR Tech|
|Computer Memory Size||8 GB||8 GB||16 GB||4 GB|
|Processor (CPU) Model||—||Core i5||Core i7||Core i3|
|Processor (CPU) Manufacturer||—||Intel||Intel||Intel|
|Processor (CPU) Speed||—||2 GHz||2.7 GHz||2.2 GHz|
|Display Size||13.3 inches||13.3 inches||12.5 inches||14 inches|
|Graphics Coprocessor||—||Intel UHD Graphics||Integrated||Intel UHD Graphics 620|
|Hard disk Description||—||—||Serial ATA||SSD|
|Hard Disk Size||256 GB||256 GB||512 GB||256 GB|
|Item Weight||0.84 kg||2 kg||0.91 kg||1.68 kg|
|Model Number||NP900X3L-K06US||XPS 9360||UX390UA-GS048T||4LR22PA|
|Operating System||windows_10||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10||Windows 10 Home (64-bit)|
From the manufacturer
Notebook 9, 13 inch (NP900X3L-K06US)
- Incredibly sleek and lightweight design
- Immersive 13.3-inch Full HD LED screen
- 6th generation Intel i5 processor delivers powerful performance
- Internal SSD for fast boot up and data transfer speeds
- Long battery life of 10 hours*
- Preinstalled with Windows 10
- Includes Samsung SideSync** and Link 2.0 software
Samsung Notebook 9, 13 inch
Unbelievably Light, Incredibly Powerful
Combining a sleek, lightweight design with powerful processing, the Samsung Notebook 9 delivers fast multitasking capabilities and immersive multimedia entertainment. This ultraportable notebook weighs less than 1.9 pounds and features a streamlined design with a forged metal frame to maximise the 13.3 inch Full HD screen. Thanks to the ultrafast Intel Core i5 processor and an internal solid state drive, the Samsung Notebook 9 offers fast load times, crisp graphics, and a long battery life of up to 10 hours per charge.* The ultraportable Notebook 9 comes with the Windows 10 operating system and SideSync** software, which allows you to seamlessly connect to your other Samsung devices.
What's in the Box:
- Samsung Notebook 9 13.3 inch
- AC adapter
- LAN adapter
Thin, Lightweight Design Ensures Portability
One of the lightest notebooks in its class, the Samsung Notebook 9 weighs less than 1.9 pounds thanks to its lightweight yet durable aluminum and magnesium alloy construction. When closed, this notebook measures only 0.53 inches thick, so you can easily slip it into a bag and take it with you anywhere you go. The Samsung Notebook 9 features a forged metal frame designed to maximise screen size for an immersive entertainment experience. The screen also reclines 180 degrees, making it easy to share your screen with those around you.
Full HD Display for an Immersive Experience
The Notebook 9 is great for watching movies, playing online games, or simply browsing the web. It features a 13.3-inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED screen that offers exceptional picture quality and wide viewing angles. Plus, the low-reflective feature delivers crisp and bright images whether you're using your Notebook 9 indoors or outside in the sun.
Powerful Performance and Multitasking Capability
A sixth generation Intel Core i5 processor makes this notebook ideal for both intensive work at the office and multimedia at home. The i5 processor delivers fast media processing and 3D rendering, as well as powerful multitasking capabilities that seamlessly handle multiple demanding computing tasks. An internal solid state drive allows you to boot up, download files, and perform other everyday computer tasks more quickly than with a typical hard disk drive (HDD). And unlike HDDs, SSDs contain no moving parts, resulting in increased protection from shocks and vibrations.
With a long battery life of up to 10 hours per charge,* the Samsung Notebook 9 lets you work throughout the day without having to worry about being tethered to an electrical outlet.
Share Files between Your Computer and Smartphone
This notebook comes with Samsung SideSync** software that helps you sync files with your smartphone via Wi-Fi and allows you to copy files from the phone to the computer, and vice versa. You can also mirror your phone's screen on your computer when using the phone's functions. You can also answer calls, respond to texts, and get phone notifications in real time right on your laptop screen.
Preinstalled with Windows 10
The Samsung Notebook 9 is ready to use right out of the box with the preinstalled Windows 10 operating system. Offering intuitive and engaging navigation and displays, Windows 10 lets you create virtual desktops to help you save space and keep your work projects and personal apps separate.
Comfortable Ergonomic Keyboard
The Notebook 9 features ergonomically designed keys with gently curved caps that cushion your fingertips while typing for better comfort and productivity. Automatic backlighting makes it easy to see the keys in any light setting, while a touchpad enables precise navigation.
Security Features Keep Your Data Safe
For added peace of mind, the multiple security features on the Samsung Notebook 9 keep your data safe. You can ensure your login is secure by customising it with your signature or a unique pattern. Thanks to a privacy shade, you can also keep your screen concealed from wandering eyes while using your Notebook 9 in public.
*Based on laboratory testing. Results may vary. Battery power consumption depends on factors such as network configuration; carrier network; signal strength; operating temperature; features selected; vibrate mode; backlight settings; browser use; frequency of calls; and voice, data, and other application-usage patterns.
**Not all Galaxy devices are compatible with SideSync. For information on supported devices, please visit our official site.
Measures 0.53 inches thin
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
So light you have to hold it to believe it. – Really. It is a liberating experience. Put this in a bag or backpack and you have to get used to the unnerving feeling that you forgot your laptop! My previous laptop was a Sony Vaio Z13 – no slouch itself in the slim and light department, weighing in at 2.5 pounds. But the half a pound really makes this laptop a different ergonomic experience. For fun I handed it to my wife whose main charge is a surface pro 4. She was stunned at how light it feels. By comparison her surface (with keyboard cover) feels like a brick! Not what we expected.
It is not a tablet, but I have found that it is so light that you can hand it to people to view a photo or document in an easy way that I couldn’t do with my previous laptop. The screen can be positioned 100% flat and built in software allows the image to be reversed for viewing. A neat trick and very easy to execute with the function key control.
Incredible Keyboard Experience. I am typing this review on the Samsung right now. I write a lot and want to concentrate on what I am writing and NOT what I am writing with. Finally, I have a laptop that doesn’t make me miss my desktop keyboard! The size, spacing, tactile feel, travel of this keyboard works perfectly for me.
Gorgeous Screen. The color, vibrancy and detail of photos is something you have to see to appreciate. I work in an environment with bright fluorescent light and the brightness of this screen makes a big difference in readability from my previous laptop. Documents are clear, text crisp. My desktop monitor is a 30 inch, 2560x1400 resolution beast. I thought I would miss the higher resolution but I guess on a 13.3” screen you don’t really need it. I have no regrets over not having higher definition in this laptop.
Powerful enough to get the job done. As mentioned, my previous charge was a Vaio Z, and even though it is several generations behind in chipsets, it still sported an i7 quad-core processor. Now, after a month of putting this through its paces, getting a chance to do all of the tasks I previously did with the Z, I can report no sense of slowness, lag or being underpowered. None. This laptop’s combination of chipset and ram are enough to allow me to seamlessly do my work. In fact, some tasks are performed faster on the Samsung. Very satisfied using this as my main portable workhorse.
Removable back panel. Beneath the panel you have access to the hard drive and battery. For those with the desire and aptitude to upgrade or change things, this is a big plus.
No USB-C port. Not that I need one right now but it still would have been good to have. Other than this it has all the ports you would expect in an ultra-slim format laptop.
NO 500 GB Drive option. I wind up storing a lot of stuff on my laptop and I would have liked the option to upgrade from the 250gb drive that is offered. Offsetting this weakness is the removable back panel mentioned above. The drive can be replaced with a larger one if needed.
Not an all-day battery. I have found that about five hours is what I seem to get. Now this is not a deal breaker for me in any way. I didn’t expect something this powerful, with this great a screen…weighing this little, to be able to pack a big enough battery to go all day. Meanwhile the included plug fairly light and the cord long enough to make carrying it and recharging easy.
Bottom line: Ultra-light, beautiful screen, fantastic keyboard, and powerful enough to use as my everyday work laptop. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.
Some of the differences that may not be obvious:
1. 15-inch does NOT include a backlit keyboard. 13-inch does include one.
2. 15-inch has a MicroSD card slot. 13-inch model has a standard SD card slot.
3. 15-inch has a USB-C port. 13-inch model has a micro-HDMI port instead.
4. 15-inch has a standard HDMI port. 13-inch has a mini-VGA port.
5. 15-inch has 4-cell Lithium-polymer battery. 13-inch has 2-cell Lithium-ion battery.
6. 15-inch has 2-Watt stereo speakers. 13-inch has 1.5-Watt stereo speakers.
7. 15-inch supports Intel WiDi. 13-inch does not.
8. 15-inch comes with a dongle that gives you Gigabit Ethernet LAN. It connects to a dedicated port on the left side of the laptop. I could not confirm if the 13-inch model includes this dongle or not.
I received the larger 15-inch model to review. After opening the Amazon package, the biggest surprise for me about this laptop was its model name written on the box. The box it came in had “Samsung ATIV Book 9” written on it. So, unknown to me, this appears to be the same product line as Samsung’s ATIV series laptops. This was surprising to me because nowhere in the description of this laptop here on Amazon, do they mention “ATIV”. What was also confusing is that, other than the box it came in, the word “ATIV” does not appear anywhere on the laptop itself. The model listed on its back is “NP900X5L”. So this is somewhat confusing.
Other than the fact that this is Samsung’s ATIV series laptop, there were no other surprises. The laptop looks exactly like the one pictured here on Amazon’s product page.
Regarding the backlit keyboard: The 15-inch model that I received does NOT have a backlit keyboard. I also searched but could not find “backlit keyboard” listed as a feature anywhere in the description here on Amazon or Samsung’s product page. The confusion around backlit keyboard is likely because it appears that the 13-inch model includes it but the 15-inch one does not.
*** The Good ***
1. Weight - The first thing you’ll notice as you take it out of the box is its lack of weight. I have an 11-inch MacBook Air and this 15-inch Samsung laptop weighs noticeably lighter. It weighs about 2.9 lbs.
2. Screen - The laptop has an absolutely stunning Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution! After its weight, this is probably the most likable feature of this laptop. I also like the very thin bezel area around the display. This makes the screen really pop out, making full-screen viewing much more enjoyable.
3. Thinness - I don’t think it is the thinnest laptop but it is definitely one of the thinnest ones I have seen. I think its thinness is even more obvious with the 15-inch model. You can easily fit it in a manila envelope if it was wide enough to fit its width.
4. Solid State Drive (SSD) - Although its drive is only 256 GB, the good thing is that this is a solid state drive. Solid state drives are much faster than the older magnetic drives. Windows starts in seconds and everything is snappier because of the fast drive.
5. Keyboard - Although the keyboard on the 15-inch model is not backlit, I still love the keyboard on this laptop. Ergonomically, it’s very easy to type on. It’s also possible that I like the keyboard on this laptop because it’s very similar to the MacBook Pro keyboard that I am used to.
6. USB-C Support - This laptop is future-proof with the inclusion of USB-C port. USB-C is the next generation interface that will replace the popular micro-USB, mini-USB and USB interfaces. USB-C is also expected to replace popular display ports like HDMI and Apple’s Thunderbolt. USB-C is anticipated to be widely available and supported by the majority of device manufacturers. Apple’s newest 12-inch MacBook also includes this port. Some of the newest cell phones (Nexus 5X/6P) and other electronic devices already include USB-C support. I love the fact that Samsung is including USB-C port on this laptop. Please note that only the 15-inch model has USB-C port. The 13-inch model includes a micro HDMI port instead.
7. MicroSD slot - I like that Samsung included a MicroSD card slot - even though I would have preferred a standard SD card slot (See #1 under ‘The Ugly’). A lot of smaller cameras and cell phones include a MicroSD card slot so having this slot gives you quick access to transfer photos, videos, and documents.
8. TouchPad - The touchpad is better than most Windows laptops I have used. I guess, Samsung is trying to replicate the look and feel of Apple MacBook with these laptops. The touchpad looks very similar to MacBooks’ but when it comes to functionality, it falls short. It’s not as responsive as MacBooks’ but definitely more responsive than some of the other Windows laptops I have seen in this price range. The touchpad recognizes multi-finger gestures. I’m used to scrolling pages with two finger swipes on the touchpad and it works really well on this touchpad. You can also customize the 4-finger tap and other gestures.
*** The Bad ***
1. Storage - If you like to store a lot of media locally on the laptop, the mere 256 GB drive may not cut it. You will have to resort to either cloud-based storage or an external USB 3.0 drive. The slim body design of this laptop makes it difficult to upgrade and swap the drive if you are a do-it-yourself person like me.
2. Backlit Keyboard - I do like backlit keyboards on laptops. They help you work in the dark. I think backlit keyboard should be standard on high-end laptops. Unfortunately, this 15-inch model does not include a backlit keyboard so if this is a huge negative for you, I do not recommend buying this model. The 13-inch model appears to include a backlit keyboard so you may check that out instead.
*** The Ugly ***
1. No SD card slot - Most laptops include an SD card slot but this one includes a MicroSD card slot - something I have not seen in a laptop before. Although it’s a good thing that Samsung included at least a MicroSD slot, but not having access to a built-in standard SD card slot can be an issue for many who regularly transfer photos and videos from their cameras. A lot of cameras still use the standard SD cards. If the laptop had an SD card slot, you could use an adapter and still use a MicroSD card but not the other way around. This means that if you want to transfer pictures/videos from an SD card, you will have to use a SD-card to USB adapter, similar to this one that I use regularly: Transcend USB 3.0 Card Reader. If you must absolutely have a built-in SD card slot, you may consider the 13-inch model that includes it.
The current price (of under $1,200) for the 15-inch model is about right where it should be for a laptop with the features included with this one. Although it does not include an SD card slot, you’ll still be able to transfer media and files if you use MicroSD cards. I also do not consider the lack of backlit keyboard to be such a huge issue (for me) given the fact that this is a very light laptop, perfect for use on battery when traveling.
Overall, this is an excellent laptop. I highly recommend it if you need a thin, lightweight Windows 10 laptop.
=== UPDATE 03/18/2016 ===
With some Windows laptops, you get a lot of bloatware/junkware/crapware (whatever you prefer to call it) or even spyware. I think Microsoft has tried to control (to some extent) what gets installed on these laptops by manufacturers (such as Samsung). In the days of Windows XP/7, whenever I bought a new Windows laptop for myself or someone else, the first thing I used to do was clean-install Windows or manually remove as many of those unwanted software as I possibly could.
With this laptop, the only unwanted application that I needed to uninstall was the Norton Anti-Virus. Microsoft Windows 10 comes with a solid antivirus and firewall (called Windows Defender) that is natively installed and fully supported and updated by Microsoft. You do not need any additional antivirus utilities. The Norton software that came with it was a 30-day trial that started bugging me to pay for subscription right from the start so I wasted no time in getting rid of the nagware. After I uninstalled it and rebooted the laptop, Windows Defender took over, downloaded updated definitions and started a quick scan to make sure everything was okay. Perfect!
=== UPDATE 03/21/2016 ===
When I wrote the review, the selling price here on Amazon for the 15-inch model was about $1,200. Currently, it is selling for $1,100 while the 13-inch is still listed for $1,000. With only a $100 difference, I recommend getting the newer 15-inch model if not having a backlit keyboard and standard SD card slot is not a huge issue.
The laptop seems to hold its charge well except for when playing HD videos. Since the video memory is shared, if you play a lot of high definition videos, the i7 processor goes into overdrive and uses more power.
I also wanted to let people know which sleeve fits it. I first ordered the 15-inch AmazonBasics sleeve but that turned out to be too large for it. The AmazonBasics 14-Inch Laptop Sleeve fits the 15-inch laptop perfectly. If you are looking for a sleeve, this one is great choice.
Overall, this is a great laptop and I cannot recommend it enough.
=== UPDATE 03/31/2016 ===
I have been putting this laptop to work to test and see if it can ever replace my personal MacBook Pro that I use regularly. This laptop's thin design and paper-light weight makes me want to keep coming back to it. It is just too enticing! :)
Here are some additional thoughts as I continue to use it:
The battery seems to hold up. As with any laptop manufacturer, you will likely never achieve the advertised run-time (i.e. 12-hour) with this one. The only way to achieve it would be to not do multi-tasking, have only one application open (like the Edge browser) and not use any multimedia.
I had this laptop charged in the morning and used it throughout the day for several hours - not continuously but on and off. I primarily browsed but also watched news videos on CNN and MSNBC as well some YouTube videos. The battery is pretty good. I even forgot that it was not plugged in until it warned me when only 10% was remaining. I would say that the battery lasts about as long as my MacBook's. If your normal workflow is not more than 30% multimedia consumption, the battery on this can last the whole day easily but you have to be extremely conservative about the apps you allow it to run in the background.
Lastly, since it has a Type C USB port and because several devices, including I think Google's Pixel and the 12-inch MacBook laptops can be charged using their USB-C ports, I was curious to see if this laptop can also do the same trick. But sadly, USB-C port doesn't charge this laptop at all. Not a huge disappointment because this is an not advertised feature. However, it would have been really great if Samsung allowed it to be charged using the USB-C port in addition to the supplied AC adapter.