Top critical review
After a weeks usage, I personally wouldn't recommend buying this phone
30 March 2019
Iam using this phone(4GB RAM variant) from past one week, following are my likes and dislikes. I would personally don't recommend buying 4GB variant phone. Likes:
1. Display is very good at this price range
2. Bluetooth output is good
3. Call reception is good
4. RAM management is very good, I compared against some other phones, I can say Samsung has done a very good job. I an not seeing applications getting reloaded.
5. Camera output is pretty sharp, images are pretty good.
6. Battery life is great, It easily lasts one day with 100% charge. And the rate of charging is pretty good.
1. Phone isn't very responsive, if you search anything in settings app, for the first time it usually takes more than 3 seconds to search.
2. We can easily notice lagginess in the app switch animation. I have even tried stopping all animations to check the responsiveness, but it didn't help.
3. Speaker output is ain't great but we can manage.
4. In past week I have seen screen freezing issue a few times. All of a sudden facerecognition animation started showing at the bottom of the screen.
5. Biggest disappointment is fingerprint scanner, most of the times it won't work. Whenever it works, it takes its own time(and it ain't consistent). I personally got frustrated with this unlocking mechanism, I switched to face and pattern recognition. I would have been happy if they had provided capacitive fingerprint scanner. Even after the recent update, it didn't help much, yes, now the rate of successful detection is high but still fails most of the times.
I was using MI 5(with Sd820) and it lasted for 3 years. I wanted another budget phone which can last 3 years(I don't wanted to buy mi), so went ahead with Samsung, but looking at it's performance i can say it won't last for 3 years. I personally wouldn't recommend buying this phone. Consider all the factors and make your decision, as we will be using it for at least 2-3 years.