Samsung GX-SM530CF Cable Box and Streaming Media Player with Built-In Wi-Fi
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Features cable feed-in and a Cable CARD slot
- Wi-Fi Built-In
- Features Samsung Smart Hub with access to streaming services including Amazon Instant Video, and Netflix
Customers who bought this item also bought
Smart Media Player Replace Your Cable Box Smart Hub Apps and Service AllShare Cast HDMI BD Wise Full Web Browser Wi-Fi Built-in AllShare Anynet+ (HDMI- CEC) With Samsung's Anynet+ you'll enjoy one-touch control for all of your HDMI-connected compatible devices like your Samsung TV, blu-ray disc player, AV receiver, and home theater. Requirements Digital cable subscription, analog cable (IPTV service not supported)** cableCARD drive and/or tuning adapter from your cable company Broadband Internet connection TV with HDMI input (HDMI cable not included) Compatibility Video: MPEG-1/2, MPEG-4, DivX HD, MKV, WMV, VP8 Audio: Dolby Digital +, LPCM, ADPCM, AAC, MP3, WMA, FLAC, OGG, WAV Photo: JPEG, PNG, BMP Playback Media: Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p cableCARD: Yes Inputs and Outputs HDMI Output Optical Digital Audio Outputs USB 2.0
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Installation - if you have installed a cablecard before, you can do this pretty simply. If not, it would be a bit of pain. Anyway, i have Charter cable and it was a matter of inserting cablecard + installing SDV with dual splitter. Add ethernet, hdmi cable, power and the box was up and running. Initial setup takes about 2-3 minutes. Then the device starts downloading guide.
1) Watching Live TV is fun. The channel switching is faster than silicon dust primes. Usually takes 1-2 seconds.
2) TV guide is responsive.
3) No interlacing like Ceton Echo on high action channels. Picture quality is very excellent.
4) Netflix app, amazon app, Plex app and bunch of other apps are available.
5) Device boot up is fast, 4-5 seconds and TV is on. Ceton Echo takes a good 40 seconds or more.
6) DLNA support, though DLNA never works very well so i don't care about this option.
7) in general, Wife friendly. The device seems stable. This is only few days experience, if the device is unstable, i will update the review.
8) Atleast Samsung is updating the device. Unlike Ceton Echo which hasn't been updated for a while.
9) Supports a lot of audo/video formats if you are streaming videos.
1) No DVR option. I hope Samsung develops upgraded version of this device with DVR capability.
2) Needs faster processor, memory or more responsive apps. The apps section seems slow and a bit unresponsive at times. The netflix app takes 10-15 seconds to load. Amazon app is even slower. Plex is ok. Overall, app experience is poor and slow. I would be using my appleTv for apps.
update after few days of use -
Taking a star off. Other than Netflix, the apps are not good quality. They hang, it's not a good experience.
Cable TV on the other hand is running solid. For now, this is a good solution for liveTV until FanTV comes out and is supported by Charter.