Samsung GT-P5100 Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 16GB
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- capacitive touchscreen
- Corning Gorilla Glass screen
- built-in digital compass
- Samsung TouchWiz UI
- 30-pin dock connector
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
capacitive touchscreen Corning Gorilla Glass screen built-in digital compass Samsung TouchWiz UI 30-pin dock connector Touch Focus
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
- Biggest Pro - This phone/tablet is UNLOCKED and will accept ANY REGULAR SIZED (not a micro sized) GSM Sim card. (It is the standard sized Sim, not the micro Sim. To fully test it out, I removed the activated Sim from my Tab 2 7.0 (P3100) I decided to upgrade to this device as it is so much larger and just use the P3100 for WiFi and tablet use only. Now I am a big WiFi user (95% to 99%of the time), so I use WiFi in order to save on data. So I rarely need to turn on data (so I have a very data amount each month), but nice to know with this device, I can have data when no WiFi is available when traveling.
- With Archived Adobe Flash that I downloaded and put into Maxthon Browser, I can watch videos on the internet as well as Amazon videos. (Ask me in the comments if you need help with installing Archived Adobe Flash).
- Printing on the Tab 2 - I installed Cloud Print from Playstore (free) and print anything I want using the Tab 2!
- Screen clarity/crispness/detailing: For me, this tablet renders SUPERB clarity, crispness and great details on every screen, whether on the internet or in a app or program! Colors are very VIVID!
- Sound Quality - This tablet has Stereo speakers (located on each side of the tablet). I listen many times to music or videos using the on board speakers and they are adequate. However, I purchased a pair of Sony Headphones for just $15 here on Amazon and now listen to music with them and the sound is awesome! (There were no headset to use the phone inside the box, however, I purchased a Samsung phone headset on Amazon for about $10 and they work great for phone calls.
- Phone Call Quality - Whether using a headset or speakerphone, the call quality is PERFECT. Have never had any static, the sound is plenty loud and never had any dropped calls!
- Music Quality - SUPERB! This tablet comes with a stock music player, which does a fine job of making playlists, finding songs, the usual things you use a player for. However, if you are wanting to SYNC your music from MS Windows Media Player (an easy way), then you will need to get the app from Playstore called Winamp. It is great and so easy to use. You may want to check it out.
- Video Quality - Wonderful!!!! he stock video player is just so so...Now I am a techie that is kind of picky so I use the app called QQ Player from Playstore--this plays every type of movie type I tried(even old old ones that would not play in the stock player)...Now if you install the archived flash, and do it correctly, you can view internet videos (except Amazon Videos). I recommend JUST Maxthon browser because it plays every video I tried so far where other browsers did not do so well...
- Reading/Creating/Editing Word, Excel, Text Files and much more on this tablet: This comes with a OK app for reading Office documents, however, I prefer Kingsoft Office which is a free app from Playstore. It is the best I have ever tried and I am very picky about so called Office programs. It is very compatible with MS Office as it reads, edits and creates Office files and reads PDF files, and it has more features of any other Android Office program that I tried. This app is a MUST have for tablet owners in my opinion.
- Speed (Overall) - In apps, programs and on the internet and watching videos, I give this tablet a high mark in my estimation! I give it 4.98 out of 5 stars as it is fast and works like a champ.
- Overall Score (even with minor cons below) I give this a 4.98 out of 5.
1) The MAJOR CON with this tablet (and most international devices) is that there is NO US WARRANTY. For the WiFi Only version of this tablet (without phone and data part), there is a US Warranty, so keep this in mind before you purchase.
For me, I purchased this knowing about the No Warranty. Yet, I have found in my experience, that if a device is going to fail or misbehave, it will usually do it within the first 30 days. (For me, it is very rare for any device to fail me after 30 days. Being a techie though, I just keep a device one year (sometimes two years)and then I get the newest device with newest OS.
2) No Jelly Bean (yet), but I read where the Tab 2 with 3g will soon be getting Jelly Bean OTA (directly on the device).
*In my opinion, this is a better deal at 400 dollars for a tablet that you can use as an ALL IN ONE: Tablet/Phone/Data/3G. The newer model the Tab 3 10.1 cost 379 dollars so for just 21 more dollars you can have a tablet with a phone and data 3G!
If you have questions, please ask as I am a techie person and will answer all questions.