- Product Dimensions: 12.7 x 10.9 x 5.1 cm ; 68 g
- Item part number: 714079130385
- ASIN: B001EHCDBW
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 8 September 2014
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #34,747 in Pet Supplies (See Top 100 in Pet Supplies)
Salifert Nitrate (No3) Test Kit
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Description for Salifert Nitrate (No3) Test Kit
Nitrate is one of the final products of biological removal of ammonia. While it is not toxic, levels above 10 PPM will inhibit coral growth and may irritate invertebrates. High levels will indicate no
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Laminating the color card would be my one suggestion. I am sure I will douse it with salt water soon.
(Unfortunately, before ordering this Salifert kit, I paid a fortune for a Hagen kit at my LFS. It is useless. The color of the resulting solution for the Hagen is a bright magenta, matching nothing on their scale of rosy pink on the flimsy paper booklet. I noted that the color of that solution was in the tone of the Salifert scale. I poured approximately 1 ml into the salifert vial and compared to the chart, and got a very similar result! Conclusion: the Hagen vial shape and paper chart are inferior, although the chemistry may be consistent and accurate. It is impossible to read.)
1) Large color spectrum. The different values are quite distinct from one another. With some tests, the values next to one another are very similar.
2) No cap and shake. All swirling on this test. Much less mess that way.
3) Excellent low range test. Low range is from 0 to 10 ppm with a full scale. Nice to be accurate instead of estimating.
4) No retest for low range. The test tube has a square bottom. You read the high range test from the top (where the water is only a couple millimeters thick. You read low range through the side where the water is probably about a centimeter and a half thick. Very nice.
Buy this nitrate test if you have an aquarium. Best in the biz.
The difficulty with these low-priced tests is in reading the results. While this Salifert test kit can be a little tricky to read, it is far better than the Seachem and API test kits (API does make a good phosphate test kit, though), plus it's easier to use (4 drops of this and one scoop of that ...and you're done). I was surprised at the poor quality of the Seachem kit - it's not like Seachem to do anything badly. This Salifert kit uses only 1 ml of water and it would be much better if they designed it to use at least double that in order to make the results easier to read (I'm not sure that doubling the water, then doubling the additives would work).
Tested my tank water as soon as I can. Very easy to use, fortunately reading was 5ppm, quite within the tolerable range (0-10ppm). Good thing I’ve been using this brand (Salifert), affordable, reliable, and very easy to use.
59 more tests remaining😃👍🏻👌🏻
The best thing about the Nitrate test compared to others I have used, is this one reads clear as zero nitrates where as the others can sometimes be tricky figuring out which color actually means zero.