- Gain expertise in building web apps with Sails.js
- Develop apps such as real-time chat app and more in no time
- Helps you understand how MVC framework works in Node.js and how to make it work for you
Sails.js makes it easy to build custom, enterprise-grade Node.js apps. It is designed to emulate the familiar MVC pattern of frameworks, but with support for the requirements of modern apps: data-driven APIs with a scalable, service-oriented architecture.
This book will provide practical examples to get you started with Sails.js and get you develop production-ready apps in no time. We will take you from a Node.js web server and single threading system to a general MVC architecture. You will then learn to develop applications that you might be already familiar with using Sails.js. Finally, we will show you how to create a chat app and a to-do application, and improve code quality using JSHINT and JSCS.
What you will learn
- Find out to quick-start Sails.js and develop production-ready apps
- Understand how to apply the MVC model of software development in Node.js using Sails.js
- Discover how to write quality code using Sails.js
- Integrate third-party APIs and databases such Mongo and MySQL in Sails.js
- Get to know the advantages and importance of the MVC framework in software development
About the Author
Shaikh Shahid has been a product developer for over two years. He has the experience of working on Node.js for more than two years. He loves to spread the word about Node.js and its various packages via his programming blog. Shahid is also very interested in software architecture and design and loves to develop software system from the core.
When he is not playing with Node.js or helping people, he watches movies, reads books, or travels to Goa.
Table of Contents
- Revisiting Node.js Concepts
- Developing Node.js Web Server
- Introduction to Sails.js and MVC Concepts
- Developing REST API Using Sails.js
- Build a Chat System Using Sails.js
- Building a Real-Time News Feed App Using Sails.js
- Creating a TODO Single-Page Application
- Sails.js Production Checklist