- Shop with balance and get Rs.50 cashback per customer. Minimum order Rs.250 (excluding delivery fees). Applicable on orders paid using only Amazon Pay balance during Feb 16 - 28. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 391.09 Delivery charge
SQL For Dummies (For Dummies Series) Paperback – 20 Sep 2013
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
- Build relational databases and pull useful information from them
- Create a database management system using SQL
- Secure your database and protect it from corruption
- Use all the latest SQL features
Create more powerful databases and easily access information the secret is SQL!
Our world runs on data more now than ever before. All that data must be stored in a logical way, secure and easily accessible. SQL is the language you use to create database management systems, implement database design, and manage data access. This guide takes you step by step through understanding and applying the latest version of SQL to help you take control of your data like a pro.
- The basic stuff understand the fundamentals of SQL and relational databases
- Speaking the language learn the language of data definition, data manipulation, and data control
- Begin building use a RAD tool to build a simple database, then move into multitable relational databases
- Do things with data discover how to add, update, and retrieve data, and delete what you no longer need
- Find what you want examine techniques for querying your database to retrieve exactly the data you′re looking for
- Keep it safe manage user access, make your data less vulnerable to corruption, and understand threats
- Alphabet soup master ODBC and JDBC access, and use SQL on XML data
- Advanced SQL explore adding procedural capabilities with persistent stored modules and handling errors
Open the book and find:
- The wide array of data types
- How to use SQL on the Internet
- Tips for designing tables
- Ways to maintain data integrity
- What you should know about values and value expressions
- How to use subqueries and recursive queries
- All about using triggers
- Ten common mistakes to avoid
About the Author
Allen G. Taylor is a 30–year veteran of the computer industry. He lectures nationally on databases, innovation, and entrepreneurship, and teaches database development internationally through a leading online education provider. He has written more than 20 books, including all editions of SQL For Dummies.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
writing SQL, but had done 30 years of other kinds of programming. I found the book pitched at just the right level for me, and recommend it highly.