- Paperback: 312 pages
- Publisher: Rupa Publications India (1 April 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8129120631
- ISBN-13: 978-8129120632
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 2 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 13 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #97,163 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
S.D. Burman: The World of his Music Paperback – Apr 2013
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (4): Rs 100 cashback on Rs 499 or more for purchases made through Amazon Assistant. Click on the link - (Amazon Asistant) Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Khagesh Dev Burman hails from the royal family of Tripura and shares the same heritage as the legendary S. D. Burman. Born on 14 December 1940 in Agartala, Tripura, he was brought up in an environment conducive to art and literature. He is the editor of Prantikthe first ever collection of poems from Tripura published in the year 1962. He has been awarded the Sachin Samman by the government of Tripura for his book Sachin Kartar Ganer Bhuban (the Bengali original of S .D. Burman: The World of His Music).
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Measured on that account, S D Burman: The World of His Music, a book by Khagesh Dev Burman written originally in Bengali and translated to English by S K Ray Chaudhury, serves this purpose beautifully. For not only does it provide a very deep and mature insight into the formative years of Sachin Karta — as he was known in Tripura and East Bengal, from where he hailed — but also how he acquired his musical soul.
Here is my longer review of the book: [...]
Most recent customer reviews