- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Mountaineers Books (15 February 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1594850062
- ISBN-13: 978-1594850066
- Product Dimensions: 17.3 x 1.6 x 21.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,56,226 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Rock Climbing Anchors: A Comprehensive Guide (Mountaineers Outdoor Expert Series) Paperback – 15 Feb 2007
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"The hundreds of illustrations are nicely done and help give even the layman... an insight into what it takes to minimize risk and maximize safety in the sport"--East Oregonian
About the Author
CRAIG LUEBBEN guided professionally for more than twenty-five years. The author of Rock Climbing: Mastering Basic Skills and additional climbing titles, Craig also worked as a climbing guide and freelance climbing writer; writing pieces for magazines such as Climbing and Rock & Ice. Craig died in a tragic climbing accident in August of 2009 while climbing the Torment-Forbidden Traverse route, a mile-long Grade III rock and ice route that connects Mount Torment and Forbidden Peak. As a well respected member of the climbing community -- via his writing and instruction -- he is missed deeply by all who knew him.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Though the book does not go into all the convoluted ways you can potentially set up anchors, it provides enough of a base to allow one to reasonably expect their protection to not fail when it is needed most.
Setting safe anchors is probably the most important aspect of outdoor climbing. You shouldn't try to do it until you've had hands on experience under the supervision of an experienced climber. This book, however will prepare you and reinforce your hands on experience. Read it beforehand to get familiar with terminology and general ideas. Read it afterward to clear up questions and help you remember key points.
I was worried the e-version wouldn't work well as a reference book, but the table of contents works well enough. You may find yourself skipping back and forth some because some concepts are mentioned in one spot and not explained until later in the book. Using notes and bookmarks would be a good idea.
Overall, great book for it's purpose. If someone comes up with a better way to organize this content it would be better.
I understand Luebben has passed on, but really, it’s unfortunately that the book is stuck with probably zero updates.