Other Sellers on Amazon
+ ₹150.00 Delivery charge
60% positive over last 12 months
& FREE Delivery
42% positive over last 12 months
+ ₹50.00 Delivery charge
31% positive over last 12 months
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Author
Rice & Curry: Sri Lankan Home Cooking (The Hippocrene International Cookbook Library) Paperback – 17 November 2011
Save Extra with 3 offers
10 days Replacement
|Replacement Reason||Replacement Period||Replacement Policy|
| Physical Damage, |
Wrong and Missing Item
|10 days from delivery||Replacement|
Purchase options and add-ons
“A terrific introduction to a great culinary tradition about which egregiously little is known. Well researched, authentic, and easy-to-follow recipes.” ―Anthony Bourdain
S.H. Fernando takes readers on an unforgettable culinary journey through Sri Lanka, where a typical meal is simply referred to as “rice & curry.” Demystifying ingredients, spices and flavors to prove that Sri Lankan Food is a healthy option, Fernando gives us the best of generations of folk cooking traditions as well as time-saving tips and menu suggestions for the modern cook.
Included are more than 100 easy-to-follow recipes; an introduction to Sri Lanka’s history, culture, and cuisine; a detailed travel section for visitors; a comprehensive spice guide, and stunning color photos throughout.
- Roasted Curry Powder
- Spicy Lentil Fritters (Masala Vadai)
- Coconut Milk Gravy (Kiri Hodhi)
- Hoppers (Appa)
- Lamb Biryani
- Leela's Chilaw Crab Curry (Kakuluwo Curry)
- Fish Mustard Curry (Abba Kiri Malu)
- Mango Curry (Amba Curry)
- Shymala's Coconut Custard Pudding (Wattalampan)
Special offers and product promotions
- 5% Instant Discount up to INR 250 on HSBC Cashback Card Credit Card Transactions. Minimum purchase value INR 1000 Here's how
- No cost EMI available on select cards. Please check 'EMI options' above for more details. Here's how
- Get GST invoice and save up to 28% on business purchases. Sign up for free Here's how
From the Back Cover
Author S.H. Fernando takes readers on an unforgettable culinary journey through Sri Lanka: demystifying ingredients, spices and flavors with more than 100 easy-to-follow recipes. Also included are an introduction to Sri Lanka's history, culture, and cuisine, and stunning color photographs throughout.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
- Publisher : Hippocrene Books Inc.,U.S. (17 November 2011)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 209 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0781812739
- ISBN-13 : 978-0781812733
- Item Weight : 589 g
- Dimensions : 19.05 x 1.91 x 22.86 cm
- Country of Origin : USA
- Best Sellers Rank: #617,510 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #9,725 in Food, Drink & Entertaining (Books)
- #64,408 in Reference (Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from other countries
At last I have found a book packed with recipes and less non essential topics.
Book was delivered on time and as described .