- Paperback: 127 pages
- Publisher: Createspace Independent Pub (6 April 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1530918154
- ISBN-13: 978-1530918157
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 0.8 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#4,33,488 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #907 in Books > Computing, Internet & Digital Media > Programming & Software Development > Languages > Python
- #3707 in Books > Textbooks & Study Guides > Higher Education Textbooks > Computer Science > Programming Languages
- #18457 in Books > Textbooks & Study Guides > Higher Education Textbooks > Engineering
Python: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide! Paperback – Import, 6 Apr 2016
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Review this product
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Very poorly formatted in Kindle for the Cloud. I probably won't risk another kindle download.
A more apt title would be: "The Fairly Decent, Certainly Not Awful Beginner's Guide".
This book skimmed over topics far too quickly in many cases. It frequently mentioned things in passing without telling you anything about how to use them. For example, it recommended using docstrings with functions as good programming practice, but didn't adequately explain what they are and completely omitted any mention of how to use them. Bit of a mixed message there!
Similarly, it made passing mention of triple quotes without further explanation. What are triple quotes, and why would I want to use them? I had to look online to find out.
It also suffered from numerous errors, such as indentation errors (which are a big deal in a language like Python).
Do yourself a favor, find a different book or a free online tutorial.