- Reading level: 18+ years
- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: TarcherPerigee (2 November 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0399536167
- ISBN-13: 978-0399536168
- Product Dimensions: 14.8 x 2.7 x 21.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #5,86,184 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Punch: The Delights (and Dangers) of the Flowing Bowl Hardcover – 2 Nov 2010
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: Avail 5% Cashback on SBI Credit card EMI transactions Here's how
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Wildly entertaining and fantastically instructive..."
"Most punches have fascinating back stories - at least they do when Wondrich is in charge."
-The New York Times Book Review
"Mr. Wondrich's noble effort to restore Punch's good name offers sound advice on the basics of Punch-making along with a variety of vintage recipes."
-The Wall Street Journal
"A lively, fascinating history of punch[...]. Wondrich is a tremendously witty writer."
-The New Yorker
"Wondrich peels punch's image off the sticky fraternity house floor and reinstates it into the more dignified annals of drinking tradition."
-The Boston Globe
"It's fair to say there's nobody in the country who knows more about drinking than David Wondrich."
-New York Magazine
"Punch stays true to the antique, but by no means staid, spirit of its old timey, black-and-white-etching-illustrated subject matter, while somehow managing to keep current, relevant, and fresh. [...] A rollickingly fun read."
"[Wondrich's] interest in history runs as deep as his thirst for beverage experiences on the banks of the mainstream[...]."
-The New York Times
"Punch lovers are in luck[...]. These aren't the fruity, simplistic punches of recent times. They're complex, subtle concoctions...."
"The best part of the book isn't the history-it's the 40-plus detailed recipes of how to make your very own authentic Punch."
-The New York Post
About the Author
David Wondrich is one of the world’s foremost authorities on cocktails and their history. A contributing editor at Esquire and at Wine and Spirits, he has also written for numerous other publications on the subject, including the New York Times, Saveur, Real Simple, and Drinks. Dr. Wondrich holds a Ph.D. in comparative literature, and is a founding member of The Museum of the American Cocktail and a partner in Beverage Alcohol Resource, the world’s first advanced education program in spirits and cocktails. He lives in Brooklyn, New York, with his wifeand daughter.See all Product description
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|