- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Princeton University Press (28 July 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0691006768
- ISBN-13: 978-0691006765
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 1.3 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1,80,811 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Includes Import Fees Deposit
+ 496.03 Delivery charge
The Psychology of Kundalini Yoga – Notes of the Seminar Given in 1932 (Jung Extracts) Paperback – 28 Jul 1999
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (3): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period: 11th Sep to 24th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Psychology of Kundalini Yoga serves as an excellent introduction to the higher realms of consciousness... I enthusiastically recommend this book as an introduction to realms of analytic thought generally outside the classical and mainstream views. -- David Nichol, Psychoanalytic Books: A Quarterly Journal of Reviews In these four lectures ... Jung placed some very complex Indian concepts within the Western psychological understanding of his time, thereby helping us to grasp better both systems of thought and realization. -- Betsy Halpern, Quadrant Shamdasani has performed a valuable service by editing these seminar notes and making them available to a wider audience. In addition to Jung's four lectures [he] provides an excellent introduction as well as informative footnotes... This volume is a welcome addition to the Bollingen Seminar Series. -- William E. Kotsch, Journal of Analytical Psychology
From the Back Cover
Jung's seminar on Kundalini yoga, presented to the Psychological Club in Zurich in 1932, has been widely regarded as a milestone in the psychological understanding of Eastern thought and of the symbolic transformations of inner experience. Kundalini yoga presented Jung with a model for the developmental phases of higher consciousness, and he interpreted its symbols in terms of the process of individuation. Sonu Shamdasani has brought together the lectures and discussions from this seminar for the first time. This volume also offers newly translated material from Jung's German language seminars, a seminar by the indologist Wilhelm Hauer presented in conjunction with that of Jung, and Sir John Woodroffe's classic translation of the tantric text, the Sat-cakra-nirupana.See all Product description
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
As usual, Jung can get heady at times but overall this is good.
Most is from his lectures but the introduction really explains the topic very well.