- Paperback: 862 pages
- Publisher: O′Reilly; 2 edition (22 October 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0974514055
- ISBN-13: 978-0974514055
- Product Dimensions: 18.7 x 4 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#4,25,708 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #337 in Books > Textbooks > Computer Science > Object-Oriented Software Design
- #506 in Books > Computing, Internet & Digital Media > Programming & Software Development > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Design Patterns
- #1523 in Books > Textbooks > Computer Science > Software Design & Engineering
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 100.00 Delivery charge
Programming Ruby – The Pragmatic Programmer′s Guide Paperback – 22 Oct 2004
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Dave Thomas and Andy Hunt have more than 50 years combined experience, developing software for clients around the world. For the last 10 years they've been working together as The Pragmatic Programmers, helping clients write software and improve their development processes. They are authors of the best-selling The Pragmatic Programmer, and have written several other books. They speak at conferences globally, and are editors of IEEE Software's "Construction" column. Chad Fowler is co-director of Ruby Central, Inc., and remains an active, driving force in the Ruby community.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
This book it's proof of what the "Ruby way" is. It doesn't just walk you through the details, dos and don'ts of the programming language, it allows the reader to grasp the practice of the "Ruby way" of doing things. And it's a clean, elegant, yet powerful way!
It's been such a nice experience it got me home late several times... I ended up at the subway terminal and making my way back for missing my station!
I sincerely recommend it ... and if you are tempted to invent excuses for getting home late, then have him/her read it too!
If you are just starting out in ruby or need a ruby reference, this is the place to get both.