- HDFC: 10% instant discount up to Rs. 1500 on minimum order of Rs. 3,000 with HDFC Credit/Debit cards and EMIs Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- No cost EMI on HDFC credit cards on orders above Rs.3000, HDFC debit cards on orders above Rs.10,000 and Bajaj Finserv EMI cards on orders above Rs.4500 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs.25 using BHIM UPI to pay. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Offer valid only once per customer. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save up to Rs 2400 a year; Earn 2% cash back on every order with Amazon Pay balance. Sign up now! Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Get up to ₹2000 cashback across Swiggy, BookMyShow, Goibibo & Netmeds. Shop on Amazon for ₹300 or more during the sale (20th - 23rd Jan'19) & pay through any prepaid payment method | Cashback offers will be sent by email/SMS after successful payment Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 90.00 Delivery charge
+ FREE Delivery
+ FREE Delivery
Principles: Life and Work Hardcover – 10 Oct 2017
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Winner of the Axiom Business Book Award for 2018
“Mr. Dalio has long been an object of fascination. . . . His new book is more significant than the original list of principles: It is part memoir, part how-to guide. It is a deeply personal story, with Mr. Dalio wading into how he started his firm in 1975, internal conflicts inside the company, and strife early on in his career. The book is both instructive and surprisingly moving. . . . Underneath what may seem like a clinical, emotionless approach is something different and far more poignant: Mr. Dalio is preaching for individuals to have a sense of humility and introspection, an ability to open themselves to appreciate pointed criticism and use it to improve.”
—The New York Times
“If there was an ‘it’ book for businesses or careers in 2017, it was Ray Dalio’s Principles. The book, weighing in at nearly 600 pages, begins with the author’s own story, including the rise of Bridgewater Associates, Dalio’s highly successful investment firm. Part memoir, part strategic plan, Dalio uses his own history to provide suggestions on attaining success while always stressing the power of individuality and personal goals. This isn’t just a book for the power elite. Dalio’s highly detailed game plan focuses on what he calls ‘radical’ truths and transparencies, and are applicable to the careers of powerful CEOs, ladder-climbing executives, longtime grunts, and fresh-faced rookies.”
“Ray Dalio has provided me with invaluable guidance and insights that are now available to you in Principles.”
“I absolutely loved this book. It’s beautifully written and filled with such wisdom.”
“I found it to be truly extraordinary. Every page is full of so many principles of distinction and insights—and I love how Ray incorporates his history and his life in such an elegant way.”
“Ray Dalio’s market acumen is legendary, but it was creating and living by a set of principles that allowed him to reach the top. Everyone with goals and dreams can learn from Ray’s approach.”
“It’s important and instructive to share what you’ve learned in life with others, and Ray does this in an interesting and provocative way in this compelling work.”
“I was surprisingly moved by it. I found it to be remarkably engaging. It made me think about life and how we all deal with each other in pretty profound ways. And Mr. Dalio’s own story about how he came to these principles is fascinating.”
—Andrew Ross Sorkin
“The billionaire investor has created the strongest culture I’ve ever seen in an organization—one that prizes radical transparency over politics and meritocracy over democracy. In his long-awaited book, he describes the systems that he has designed to shape meaningful work, meaningful relationships, and the world’s most successful hedge fund.”
“I highly, highly recommend this book. It has already changed how I think about making decisions in my life and in my business.”
About the Author
Ray Dalio is the founder and co-chairman of Bridgewater Associates, which, over the last forty years, has become the largest and best performing hedge fund in the world. Dalio has appeared on the Time 100 list of the most influential people in the world as well as the Bloomberg Markets list of the 50 most influential people. He lives with his family in Connecticut.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
87 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-8 of 87 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- I've been a huge fan of Ray for years, but this book details WHY he is so successful.
- The ability to separate results from causes & peek in between the gaps is the specialty of the book.
- Personally, what I love is the reinforcement of the principles of 'radical transparency & idea meritocracy' that are the solid pillars of this book.
- The truthfulness; the bare-knuckle punches that extoll the reader to be honest, truthful & REAL are the parts that make this book glow.
- The chapters that deal with people management with the focus to be empathetic yet demanding are special. Rarely do you come across a leader of such gravity writing about HOW to handle people
- I love the no-nonsense, 'non-negotiable' principles laid down in the book.
- The real encounters, cases studies & insights Ray shares are priceless.
THIS IS NOT A BOOK for folks who operate a Political, Bossy, "I am right" styled operation. This is a book that can turn you first into pixy dust & then into God.
Ratings : 100/10
Happy reading all.
Ray Dalio, on the other hand, wrote a book on his way of dealing with the world. For the first time ever you can see through a brain of a billionaire. He doesn't only shares his own set of principles, he tells you how to build your own set of principles by embracing your reality and your world. This book is insanely rational and analytical and teaches you how to look at everything related to you objectively.
This book can help you become a more evolved human being at a faster rate!
However, when picked the book up I had more expectation I was looking Peter Thiel in Ray Dalio and could not find one. But the book can provide you with new way of thinking how to proceed in life in general.
2) the content of the book is really interesting and edifying
There is so much for us to learn and apply.
It's inspiring and eye opener to so many things.
It is detailed and has a lot insights. We might find a lot of reference to other books, which one may use as a suggestion (or references ) and expand their reading horizon. Amazing use of language easy to understand, it's been a while since I have read the book and a lot of Decisions have become more faster to take, a lot of error have been reflected upon and some corrected by me, focuses largely on decision making
Some points I would like to brief from the book:
1) Mainly the power of audacious goals
2) Achievements of all goals through collective decision making
3) avoidance of Emotional hijacking or staying clear from harmful Emotions
4) Letting go the attachment of me knowing the right answers
5) use of clinical objectivity
The journey of Ray Dalio has been explained so transparently and with so much detail.
I can go on.
Highly recommend this read to all entrepreneur, start up, HR guys, stock market investors etc
1) A lengthy read
2) something are repetitive
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?