- Paperback: 328 pages
- Publisher: Fingerprint! Publishing; First edition (2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8172344503
- ISBN-13: 978-8172344504
- Product Dimensions: 29 x 20 x 3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 372 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #112 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Pride & Prejudice Paperback – 2013
The order quantity for this product is limited to 2 units per customer
Please note that orders which exceed the quantity limit will be auto-canceled. This is applicable across sellers.
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 50% cashback up to Rs. 50 using Axis Bank Credit & Debit Cards. Valid only on your first 2 online payments. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 10 days from purchase. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs. 50 back on your first order using Amazon Pay UPI. Cashback within 10 days. Link Bank Account Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: 5% Instant Discount on ICICI bank Credit and Debit EMI transactions Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
372 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Pride and Prejudice is a masterpiece I first read when I was 15 , It was a battered copy I had picked up from a second hand shop. "Love at first line" is how I would describe it, and so began my love for classics. Now years later, I bought this beautiful vintage classics edition and read it for the upteenth time.
Mr. Bennet is the father of five daughters living on a modest income, he is married to Mrs. Bennet whose only goal in life is to get her daughters married . She finds her prayers answered when a young bachelor, a Mr. Bingley comes in their neighbourhood with his sisters and a friend Mr. Darcy and so the story begins.
This book made a big impact on me when I first read it, it deals with marriage for love vs money, class differences, self evolution of both the male and female protagonist.
The characters are written in a very realistic manner , Our heroine is flawed, prejudiced but strong. Elizabeth Bennet is no doormat, she will not marry for comfort and monetary gains but for love. Mr. Darcy had to be my first fictional crush, an epitome of the strong and silent men. Jane Austen immortalized both of them.
The book being published in 1813 is a bit difficult to read for anyone starting on classics but I would urge the reader to give the book some time and it would be worth it.
Now as for book and printing - very nice. The font used is Sabon instead of something ghastly like Times New Roman. Text size is quite comfortable. Paper quality is nice and has a smooth texture to it, although people accustomed to the bright off-white pages might be a bit disappointed at the not so bright pages. So my suggestion is to buy the penguin edition.
Font is small but still readable, not for long period of time. I am happy with the book. The content is complete and unabridged.
I am really disappointed in this publisher. Who expects a new book to miss pages?
If you looking for a leather bound edition this is perfect and if it's not in stock, contact the seller and they'll surely help you out and they are very good!!