- Product Dimensions: 25.1 x 18.3 x 12.2 cm ; 1.34 Kg
- Item model number: 8800
- ASIN: B00006IUWM
- Date first available at Amazon.in: 6 September 2014
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #4,22,484 in Home & Kitchen (See Top 100 in Home & Kitchen)
Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
Pay on Delivery (Cash/Card) eligible
What is this?
Pay on Delivery (POD) includes Cash on Delivery (COD) as well as Debit card / Credit card / Net banking payments at your doorstep.
- The product is Electric Knife Sharpener
- Easy to use
- The product is manufactured in China
- Two-stage sharpening system quickly and easily sharpens most any non-serrated blade for professional results in the convenience of your home. (Presto knife sharpener is 120 volts)
- No guess sharpening; Precision blade guides position the kniffe at the ideal sharpening angle for perfect results every time
- Creates a razor sharp edge in seconds using Sapphirite sharpening wheels, the same ultra-hard material used by professional shops
- Stage 1- Precision grinding begins the sharpening process by creating a precisely angled edge
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Packaging may reveal contents and cannot be hidden.
|Need GST Invoice on this product?|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Presto Pro EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
•Two-stage sharpening system quickly and easily sharpens most any non-serrated blade for professional results in the convenience of your home. (Presto knife sharpener is 120 volts)
•No guess sharpening; Precision blade guides position the kniffe at the ideal sharpening angle for perfect results every time
•Creates a razor sharp edge in seconds using Sapphirite sharpening wheels, the same ultra-hard material used by professional shops
•Stage 1- Precision grinding begins the sharpening process by creating a precisely angled edge
•Stage 2- Fine honing completes the sharpening process by polishing the blade to a razor sharp edge
Need more information on this product? Click here to ask.
Dimensions: 9.9? x 7.2? x 4.8?.
Customers who bought this item also bought
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
doing that. Oh, and yes, it can slip around the counter unless you follow the directions and moisten the bottom a bit before sticking it on the counter. Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes, emphatically yes. I just did!
This one has to stages, a coarse grind and a fine grind side. I recently bought a new set of knives, ones that i will not be putting into the dishwasher and over the past few months of use and hand washing, they couldn't break the skin on a tomato. I used the fine side, three slow swipes through the grinder on each side, wiped the blade and the knifes own weight cut through the tomato. I have an older knife where the blade appears to be chipped in several places. I used the coarse side a few times and inspected it after, then a few more on the fine side and it repaired the blade.
This unit has good speed and power but I wouldn't apply too much downward pressure on the knife while it is grinding, it will slow the motor down. The weight of the knife fitting into the slot is all the pressure the grinding wheels can handle and on this unit, need. For reference... I sharpened a set of Cuisinart knives of all sizes including the smaller pairing knife.
If you are looking for a sharper with extreme horsepower, look elsewhere. Being a casual chef at home, this sharpener is end game for me.
Some points to ponder
- Although it is easy to use, and sharpens quickly, it can be a little sensetive. You must not apply ANY pressure while sharpening. Doing so will bog the motor down and stop the stones in the middle of your knife.
- They are course grit stones.....They eat away material quickly!!! I would try it on an old knife first.
- It leaves a really bad bur. You may need to take it to a hand stone or strop to get it off if it bothers you.
- The guides work, but the stones have a different angle and may pick it up off the guide a little.
- Motor is not loud at all. Sharpening your knife is!!!
- Gets knives as dull as butter knives sharp sharp sharp!! I did it to a 30 year old Chicago Cutlery knife that looked like it had never been sharpened, and it came out with a good edge. The Chicago knife used a VERY hard steel. I could not even get an edge with my wet stone! Now with the electric sharpener putting a good edge on it, I can make it even better with my wet stones.
Like I said, I am a Chef and would not use them on my personal knives, i am sticking to wet stones for those, but I have taken the sharpener to work and sharpened the 14 knives we have in under 15 min! They stay sharp for a long time, and it is much faster than doing it by hand.
So......I would say no for your expensive set of knives, but yes for a set that you did not pay much for. The sharpener just does not have a fine enough stone fore my liking. The best part of this product is the price. I would say best sharpener for the price.