- Paperback: 566 pages
- Publisher: Packt Publishing Limited (30 November 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789137233
- ISBN-13: 978-1789137231
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 3.3 x 23.5 cm
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #7,17,744 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
PowerShell Core for Linux Administrators Cookbook: Use PowerShell Core 6.x on Linux to automate complex, repetitive, and time-consuming tasks Paperback – Import, 30 Nov 2018
Save Extra with 3 offers
- Cashback (2): Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa Signature or Visa Infinite cards. Shop during the Visa Shopping Days starting 20th to end of every month. Applicable on shopping, recharges and bill payments. Cashback within 3 days from shipment. Here's how
- Get 25% back up to Rs.50 using Amazon Pay UPI. For Android App customers only. Valid once during the offer period. Cashback within 10 days. Set up Amazon Pay UPI Here's how
- No Cost EMI: No Cost EMI available on Amazon Pay ICICI credit cards on orders above Rs. 3000 Here's how
- Bank Offer: Avail 5% Cashback on SBI Credit card EMI transactions Here's how
About the Author
Prashanth Jayaram is a product design and automation expert in database technology with 12 years of rich, extensive, hands-on experience in designing database solutions with next-gen database technologies. He was awarded as the second-best SQL author of 2017 for his contribution to the SQL Server technology space. He has written over 200 articles about SQL, NoSQL, PowerShell, Python, SQL on Linux, SQL on Azure, and SQL on AWS. Ram Iyer is an automation and application performance management specialist with about eight years of experience in enterprise IT. While ensuring that the environment in his enterprise performs optimally is his primary role, he is passionate about automation using PowerShell, and has contributed to over 60 enterprise-grade automation solutions in Windows, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft System Center, Citrix XenApp, VMware PowerCLI, and Microsoft Azure, using PowerShell. He gives back to the community by conducting training sessions in PowerShell and blogging about administration using PowerShell.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As a DBA, I had the opportunity to learn Powershell which is very much required in my technology and also how to implement Powershell in SQL Server Database Administration.
Few of the chapters which I thought were very helpful are -
1.First Steps in Administration Using Powershell.
2.Building Scripts and Functions - The way the scripts are described is so eloquent! Was very helpful.
3. Handling Files and Directories.
4. Debugging and Error Handling - This is a very important concept for any IT professional and it is no doubt, explained in a smooth manner.
5. Enterprise Management Using Powershell.
6. Using Powershell for SQL Database Management - A must for SQL Server DBAs.
Overall, the writing was adept; at the same time, written in an easy and understandable language which doesn't complicate your understanding. A MUST for beginners!! Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to learn Powershell.
Favourite chapters include are the arrays and hastables , then performing calculations.
The books have good examples to understand and implement.