- Paperback: 1040 pages
- Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux; First edition (1 April 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780374529604
- ISBN-13: 978-0374529604
- ASIN: 0374529604
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 4.8 x 20.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 8 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #20,185 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ 164.00 Delivery charge
+ 135.00 Delivery charge
+ 156.00 Delivery charge
The Poetry of Pablo Neruda Paperback – 1 Apr 2005
Save Extra with 1 offer
- Cashback (2): Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 50 using BHIM UPI (available only on mobile app/website) or RuPay cards. Offer period 1st September to 30th September. Cashback will be credited as Amazon Pay balance within 15 days from purchase. Here's how
- Go Cashless: Get 10% cashback up to Rs. 100 using Visa debit card, credit card or ATM card. Only on your first 2 cashless orders on Amazon.in (including mobile recharges and bill payments). Offer period 4th Sep to 30th Sep. Cashback within 10 days. Here's how
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
“Not since Whitman has a poet of genius embraced a whole continent, as Neruda has his, or spoken so directly to the nonpoets among his readers.” ―Selden Rodman
“Ambitious . . . Meticulously edited . . . Stavans deserves high praise for the volume he has assembled.” ―John Freeman, San Francisco Chronicle
“The Poetry of Pablo Neruda advertises itself as 'the most comprehensive single volume available in English'--and it certainly is.” ―Charles Simic, The New York Review of Books
“The greatest poet of the twentieth century--in any language.” ―Gabriel Garcia Marquez
“[This book provides] an opportunity to reflect on the poet's achievement and his canonical position.” ―Christopher Winks, The Harvard Review
“If, as Stavans believes, 30 years after his death the time is right for a reappraisal of Neruda, then this volume is just what's needed to jump-start the process. Highly recommended.” ―Library Journal
“Critic Ilan Stavans has created the first comprehensive English-language survey of Neruda's legendary oeuvre, judiciously selecting and expertly discussing 600 poems to create a genuinely invaluable and deeply pleasurable volume.” ―Booklist
About the Author
Pablo Neruda (1904-73), Chile's greatest poet, was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1971.
Ilan Stavans is Lewis-Sebring Professor in Latin American and Latino Culture at Amherst College.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?